Dandelions

"You're moving? Why?" Y/N cries.

Chan looks at the ground. The grass had grown back from the campfire he made with Y/N the week before. "I got into auditions for the K-pop company I was training for," Chan explains.

Y/N wipes her eyes with the sleeves of her shirt. It wasn't really hers, but the shirt she shared with Chan. "Will you come back?" Y/N asks.

The sniffling coming from Y/N made Chan wish he didn't make it, to leave a girl he never confessed his love to, ruined him.

Chan grabs Y/N's hands, "I promise, I'll come back when I can."

The teary eyed girl stared into Chan's eyes. A failed childhood love story. That was their story, best friends since they met ended with one leaving for a foreign country.

"But, Chan," Y/N tilts her head to her feet, "I'll miss you."

Y/N knew nobody here, she didn't like anyone other than Chan. He always took care of her and helped her make new friends. Those friends would leave her once Chan left. Her parents banned her from having a phone, she wouldn't be able to talk to Chan until she had her own phone.

"Stay right here," Chan says and runs off to a close by field.

Chan came hustling back from the field with his arms behind his back. His cheeks were stained with dried tears from the short trip. "What is it?" Y/N questions, trying to peek behind Chan's back.

"Here," Chan holds out a small dandelion pinched between his fingers, "it won't last forever but if you keep it intact when it dries you might be able to save it."

More tears well in Y/N's eyes as Chan moves the dandelion to her fingers. The tears land on the petals as she crouches to the ground. Y/N covers her face with her hands. She was supposed to tell him how she felt. Chan said he had something serious to tell her, she thought maybe he would say he felt the same way about her.

Chan was leaving Y/N. It wasn't a joke, he was serious. She covers her mouth to muffle any screams that threatened to spill out. Chan leans down and takes her hand away from her mouth. "It'll be okay," he promises and wraps his arms around her shoulders, "I promise I'll see you soon."

A large car pulls up beside the two crouching on the ground. "Come on, we have to get going," Chan's mother yells from the window of the car.

"Please, don't leave," Y/N begs. She wouldn't let go of Chan's arm until he looked at her one more time.

"Y/N, I'll come back," Chan promises again, looking into her eyes. He tugs from her grip and walks towards the car.

The dandelion twirls in between Y/N's fingers as the car slowly pulls away and into the distance. "Bye, Chan," Y/N mumbles as the car disappears from her view point.

Chan sat in the back of the car with his head in between his hands. Tears rolled down his eyes and landed onto the floor with a drip.

******

The rain dribbled down the side of the umbrella. It's so rainy out today, Chan thinks to himself. The cloudy sky of Seoul would soon clear up.

Bright eyes meet Chan's as he bumps into someone on the sidewalk. "My apologies," the woman says. She rests her hand on his arm before continuing her walk.

The eyes matched someone familiar. The hair, the figure, the smile, everything matched the person in mind. It probably wasn't her, she would be in the home she always wanted back in Australia. The four would have forgotten about Chan anyways, it had been years.

Chan was never able to talk to Y/N again. He went back to Australia a few years after to see her, but her family had moved and nobody was able to tell Chan where. Y/N wasn't allowed to have a phone when he left Australia, there was no number he was able to reach out to.

"Hey, are you okay?" Felix asks beside Chan.

"Yeah, sorry," Chan replies, he forgot Felix was with him. "I just thought she looked like someone I used to know is all."

Felix wraps an arm around Chan's shoulder and tugs on him. "Well what was she like?" He asks.

Chan looks back to the figure. She had stopped too and was looking back at him. Her eyes looked directly into his, she knew him and he knew her.

"Hold on," Chan says and throws Felix off of his shoulder. By the time Chan had fully turned around to walk to the female figure, she was already gone.

"What is it?" Felix asks, "do you know her?"

A sigh escapes Chan's lips, "I guess not, she was standing right there looking at me but she already left."

Felix looks past the crowd. The girl didn't catch his eye this time, he could clarify she wasn't there anymore. "Well, if she isn't real then we're both crazy because I saw her too," Felix laughs, "let's get back to the house."

Chan follows Felix's lead back to the house. The bright eyes remained in his mind. The girl looked so much like Y/N, aged a little more than when he last saw her, but just like he expected.

******
Chan sat on the couch listening to Stray Kids, in the other room, yell about a video they were supposed to do later today. The sound of rain hitting the roof muffled the voices in the other room. Ideas ran in his mind for a new song, his studio room was the best place to be. 

"Lunch is ready!" A voice yells from outside of the studio room, followed by a loud knock.

A sigh escapes Chan's lips as he stand up from the couch. So much for relaxing. The lights of the studio turn back off with a flick of the switch. The dark room was slightly brightened by the small lights from his laptop. Chan reminds himself that he still had time to thing of lyrics for their new song. Today was only a shooting for a previous made song.

"I think a love song would go well," Jisung explains, "it'll be something different than some of our other songs."

Felix places his food in his mouth with a nod. "I think that's a good idea," Felix mumbles through his bites.

Chan ambled into the dining room. All of the boys sat in their seats, eating while talking about a new song. "What's the concept?" Chan asked as he sat himself beside one of the boys.

"We're agreeing on a love song since we don't have that many," Jisung explains as he fidgets with his chopsticks.

A smile appears on Chan's face as he points to a dish, "can you hand me that? That's a really good idea."

Everyone smiles as they ate their bites. They were all happy about their new concept for the upcoming song. They all did better at different types of songs, but a love song would be different for them and might even make some head turns. None of them had many stories to tell for a love song, this song would be a little more difficult.

A/U, I didn't like how fast the story was going so I edited it a little, I hope that's alright <3