Chapter 1 Miyake Akito meet his boss

My great-grandfather founded Miyake Dojo for archery in the middle of Meiji-Era. It was a building rooted in the east of Tokyo for many years and was destroyed in 1923 because of the great earthquake in September 1923. The new building was complete in the next year. Everyone was very surprised because four years ago, I didn't even have enough money to buy the Moji.

It was the ninth year of the Taisho era. The industry grew up as fast as the empire was expanded. Contrary to ancient art, young people preferred working with high profits in the factory to learning useless archery ways. In the spring of 1920, my Dojo didn't have anything but debt.

I, Miyake Akito, the fourth generation won't let my family history end before my eyes. 

Therefore, I needed to find some help. That help came in the form of a thirty-year-old woman, Chabashoira Sae. Sae-San was my father's friend, I put her in the most regard after my father. She was the principal of a girl's school in Kabukicho.

The hilarious thing was when I visited her at her school, I just wanted to congrats her. I didn't expect any help.

I walked along the school corridor and saw the woman sitting on the desk in front of the principal's room. I remembered her because when she always came to visit my father with Sae-San.

"Good morning, Hoshinomiya-San. " I greeted her. Hoshinomiya Chie, Sae-Chan's secretary replied to me with her smile.

"Good morning, Miyake-Kun. What take you here today?" She asked.

"I heard about Sae-San's good news, so I want to congrats her. "

"Principal will be glad. Be careful though, I always think if she couldn't find a husband on her thirty, she would marry you instead. " She said teasingly. I laugh without minding. Hoshinomiya-San always teased me and her boss. 

"So, is Sae-San free now?"

"Yes, you can meet her. " 

I nodded and walked to the door. When I came into the principal room, I saw the black hair woman sitting behind her desk. When she saw me, she smiled at me coldly as always.

"Long time no see, Miyake-Kun. "

"Since my father's funeral, I think. " I said and bowed. "Good morning, Sae-San."

"Sit down. Miyake-Kun. " She spread her hand to the chair in front of her desk. When I sat down. She asked me; "So what make you come here?"

"I heard about your good news, so I come to congrats you. Congratulation on engagement. Sae-San. " I put the box wrapping with the cloth on Sae-San's desk. "This was the perfume from America. I hope you will like it."

"That's so sweet. " The principal nodded her head tenderly. "Thank you for this gift and your wish. Oh, have you ever met my fiance?"

"No, I don't."

"I will let you meet him someday. Tomonari-San is the same kind of person as you. Honest and responsible."

I didn't know much about Machima Tomonari, Sae-Chan's fiance. I heard that he taught in the military school and got a lot of respect from his student. From the information I got, I guess that he might be a great person and he would take care Sae-San really well.

Sae-Chan considered my gift. She untied the cloth and opened the box. She hold the bottle of perfume and looked at them carefully.

"Oh, dear. It's very expensive. " She mumbled. "Miyake-Kun, are you okay to pay for some luxury thing? Your Dojo is in the money problem, isn't it?"

"Don't worry, Sae-San. This is very cheap compare to your taking care of me for a long time. " I laughed for making Sae-San feel more comfortable. But the educator looked at me with her strict eyes that always used with her student.