The Ghost City Festival (Part 1)

Credits of the picture go to beanscurd on Twitter ^^

_______________________________

Xie Lian unconsciously felt the bedsheets rustle in his embrace, blinking his eyes slowly as he groggily awoke to a singular eye adoringly watching him from above. Hua Cheng had his arm propped up to support his cheek as he flashed Xie Lian with a warm smile.

"Sorry gege, did I wake you?" He softly spoke as he gently pat the covers on top of Xie Lian almost coaxing him to sleep some more so he could stare some more.

Xie Lian tiredly raised his arm from under the covers, his sleeves falling down to reveal ruoye that wound around his arm. Placing a hand on Hua Cheng's cheek, he lightly gave it a few pats and smiled back.

"Mn- It's okay, it's about time I woke up anyway. San Lang, what time is it?" Xie Lian sleepily asked as he nudged himself into Hua Cheng's embrace and cuddled up to him. He warmly welcomed Xie Lian's embrace and stroked his back a few times.

"It's noon...gege didn't sleep until late, it's my fault I'm sorry," Hua Cheng tried to make himself come across as apologetic but even he couldn't hide the subtle cheekiness in his tone of voice.

Xie Lian blinked a few times at Hua Cheng's reply and furiously blushed.

"San Lang...you're not sorry at all," Xie Lian nervously fumbled with Hua Cheng's hair as to try and distract himself from letting his mind wander to the events of last night.

Hua Cheng didn't reply and only let out a small chuckle.

"Oh, today is the ghost festival, right? This will be my first time actually witnessing it for myself, I'm excited" Xie Lian suddenly sat up and smiled at Hua Cheng, his face beaming with excitement.

Hua Cheng stared at his face for a few seconds as if mesmerised by that smile, nodded in reply and sat up himself. The covers slid down to reveal his bare torso and messy long hair that draped over his shoulders, and a few strands of hair that stuck out at the top of his head.

His messy bedhead hair was surprisingly cute, Xie Lian thought.

"I can show gege around," Hua Cheng casually spoke as he toyed with the red bead in his hair. His body was truly extraordinary despite the almost slouched position he was in his muscles were still clearly carved and defined.

As Hua Cheng lazily got up from the bed and stretched his arms out in the air, Xie Lian almost fell off from the bed when he saw those nail marks were still on Hua Cheng's back.

"San Lang...how come you haven't healed those um...those marks on your back?" Xie Lian embarrassingly scratched his cheek, his eyes darting all over the room not knowing where to look.

Hua Cheng devilishly smirked but turned around to give Xie Lian an innocent soft smile.

Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing-- literally!