32 - My star from another star

It is past midnight, I was sitting outside the operation room, then I heard mom crying and approaching the OR.

She pulled me by my collars,"What did you do to my son? Huh?"

"Mom. Did you ever love me?", I asked.

"Shut your mouth up. Tell me what did you to my Tae-Joon. Why is he in the hospital?", she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Mom", I said.

She slapped my face hard,"You unworthy child. All because of you, I never would have given him this case if I had known this would have happened, I would have investigated the case myself."

"So you really were behind all this", I smirked. "Did you ever loved me once?"

"It was so tiring to pull an act of being a considerate mom or how else would have you given me your shares?"

"How can you stoop so low?", I almost cried. "Was all that love, affection, compassion fake?"

"Silly boy! It was so easy to fool you", she said.

"Were all those stories fake? The one you told me about my mother?"

"Do you really think she suicided?", she scoffed. "I murdered her to be your father's wife."

"I am ashamed to call you mother", my blood started boiling. "You fucking made me hate my own mother!"

"I didn't make you hate her. You were the one who believed what I said. All because of you, my son is in the operation room right now. Do you think I will let it slide? I will expose that alien infront of the whole world!"

"You knew about her?", I asked.

"I am an investigator for nearly half of my life. I had doubts but it was cleared when you brought her home. The way she answered all my questions, do you think a human can know what will happen in the next 100 years? But she did. Do you think Tae- Joon was the official investigator of that naked man case? No! I was the one who was in charge of it."

"Thankyou for showing how evil you are", the tears I tried to hold in came out eventually.

"Just wait and watch how I expose that alien girlfriend of yours", she smirked.

I walked off from there in anger. The woman I loved the most betrayed me.

I went to the hospital terrace and sat with my back facing the wall.

"I am sorry mom", I looked at the sky and cried my eyes out.

"Yoon-Seok", Ha-Neul came rushing as if she was searching for me.

She breathed out in relief once she spotted me. She came and sit along with me.

"Whole my life, I kept on hating my mother because of what that wench told me", tears started rolling down my eyes.

"It's not your fault", she put my head on her shoulder.

"My mother is no more in this world. My brother is swinging between life and death. My father's health is worsening day by day. The girl I love almost died today. I am such an omnious person. All because of my existence, every body around me is suffering. All because of me!!!"