Chapter 7

It's a good thing Beomgyu listened to Yeonjun when it comes to handling further collateral damage than necessary. Because the first safehouse they went to has lots of people in there. And by a lot I mean . . .

"One of your safehouses is a nightclub?" Taehyun asks as Beomgyu leads the way behind the large building.

Beomgyu pulled the fire exit ladder down, "Of course it is. One of the best places to hide is in plain sight and act like you're a part of the background. No one would expect such critical files to be in here, would they?"

He has a point. Taehyun brought his gun out as he starts to climb to the rooftop.

"How are we doing this again?" He questioned once more, making sure they both know what they're doing. They've now reached the top and are peeking through the glass ceiling into a floor full of dancing people, some were even naked. "What the hell, is this some brothel or something?"

The criminal laughs. "A strip club, yes. You're standing at one of the major centers of prostitute business in the city. The safehouse is the building's basement.

"We sneak in, pretend we're partygoers, get the files from Bird's office and we shuffle our way out. No collateral. Since you declined my plan of barging in and raiding the place."

"You just said this is an important place. Are you planning to commit suicide?" Beomgyu laughs at this, and Taehyun doesn't understand how can anyone be so endearing and irritating at the same time.

. . .

Never would Taehyun thought he'd learn how to enter a guarded building without being caught or seen, only using a couple of hairpins and cards and the skill of stealth. Being with Beomgyu is such an adventure.

Both of them carry at least two pistol guns just in case. But as much as possible, Taehyun wants to do this peacefully, not wanting to burden Yeonjun more. Beomgyu guided him to sneak inside; the two of them seamlessly going in with crowd, occasionally locking lips to further blend in (Beomgyu's words. Taehyun thought it was just excuses).

They got in the office effortlessly, Beomgyu using a card to open the locked door. And it was simple then, the office void of people and it took no time for the criminal to hack into the computer's system.

"How long does it take?"

"Not long, maybe five minutes."

"Can't it go any faster? We might get caught at this rate."

"We will get caught if you don't shut your pretty mouth."

Taehyun glared at the man behind the computer, who only blew him a kiss in return as he continues what he's doing. Meanwhile, he's peeking through the blinds out into the partying crowd, trying to see if he can find this so-called Bird. But among all those people, his eyes only hurt from the amount of flickering lights and lasciviousness.