Chapter 11

"What are we doing here? Are you finally going to bury me alive?"

"Don't make me consider that just because you're annoying."

The two of them fall into step under the line of trees in the cemetery. It's quiet, peaceful. There's not a lot of people as it's still early in the morning, but Taehyun intended for it to be like that. Still careful to not be seen.

Albeit confused, Beomgyu followed. Until Taehyun led him in front of a grave — four graves to be precise. He watched as Beomgyu scans the names on the tombstones, eyes widening and mouth hanging open.

"Yeonjun helped me find their names last night. There's not a lot of files about your family anymore, it's like they've been erased from history. But we managed to find these and uh, I thought you might want to visit."

He didn't know if it was right of him to bring Beomgyu here without his consent; maybe he'd rather forget what happened, maybe he'd get angry, maybe he'd leave. But instead, Beomgyu's lips quiver, hands balled into fists, and sobs racked his entire body.

Tears fell from his eyes in a series of waterfalls, hanging his head low and gritting his teeth. Taehyun slowly turned to him, gently wrapping his arms around Beomgyu's frame and letting him cry on his shoulder. He whimpered in the embrace.

"I never lost my family the same way as you did. And we were never really close so I can't say I empathize with you. But I can imagine what you feel, and it hurts me just the same seeing you, feeling you like this.

"You're so strong Gyu, and I admire you so much for that. Your path went astray, you've done unforgivable things. But the universe had done you so wrong for making you experience this when you, of all people, doesn't deserve it. I promise, I'll help you get the justice you deserve. Just so you can finally sleep peacefully at night."

Beomgyu kissed him then, his way of 'thank you'. And it tastes of his salty tears and sweet chapstick, but Taehyun likes it nonetheless. Responds as if to say 'I'll be here for you'. Pouring his heart out and catching tears with his thumbs.

"This is the first time I've been here." Beomgyu whispers when they break apart, leaning their foreheads together. "I never knew where they were buried; I was already in hiding. Never got the chance to visit them all these years because I was too preoccupied with my revenge.

"So thank you, Taehyun. This means a lot to me." He says the words with utmost sincerity Taehyun almost cried with him.

Then Beomgyu lets out a smile so beautiful Taehyun was momentarily stunned, tears still cascading his face. A pretty crier, but prettier when he smiles. A hand slipped to hold his, intertwining their fingers that slot perfectly together. And he watched as Beomgyu turned to the graves; the air suddenly felt nostalgic, familiar, warm — like he was in a home.

"Hey Mom, Dad. Noona and hyung. This is Taehyun." He introduces, Taehyun's heart skipped a beat when birds around them chirped. As if responding to the greeting. "A very special person."

Taehyun stared at Beomgyu then, conversing with the graves as if he was talking to real, alive people. He must've missed them a lot , he thought. Smiling, heart swelling, falling. Beomgyu's just too beautiful for the world.

But the world just happen to be too ugly.

"Choi Beomgyu, put your hands up where we can see them."

They turned to see three men pointing their guns at the criminal, police badges on their belt loops. Beomgyu was armed, Taehyun wasn't.

"Beomgyu, don't." He warned when he saw Beomgyu about to reach into his back, where his gun is tucked. The officers cocked theirs.

"But—" Beomgyu wanted to retaliate, not understanding the situation. Was he tricked? Is this planned? Why would Taehyun sell him out like this? "I— I don't understand. Tae—"

"How did you find us?" Taehyun asked, still holding on to Beomgyu's hand while the other reaches for the gun. He could see Beomgyu looking at him, confused and disbelieving.

"There are eyes and ears anywhere, Officer Kang. Every police is ordered to bring him in once spotted. We honestly thought you're already a goner." The other said, stepping near the now unarmed criminal.

"Taehyun, what's going on?" Beomgyu questioned, his hands being cuffed from behind.

To be frank, he doesn't know either. His mind is panicking on how they were able to locate them, when he made sure there was nothing that would give them off.

"What goes on is that we were able to track you. Some birdie tipped us that you're heading to the cemetery this time in the morning. And don't even try to run; the whole block's surrounded." Explained the officer, Taehyun tries to recall if he had seen him before.

"You set me up like this?"

"I didn't! It's not—" me.

"Then what!" Beomgyu yelled, seething. Taehyun was taken aback. "I'd expect more for you to just suddenly let people in through my front door. But baiting me like this? Using my family? What more do you want from me! Just how long will you deceive me!"

I wasn't. "Beomgyu, let me ex—" But the officer already pushed the criminal to walk.

"We'll handle it from here, Kang. You must be exhausted after being held captive by this asshole."

Beomgyu didn't say anything after that, but the look of betrayal in his eyes already spoke volumes. And Taehyun was left dumbfounded, heart wrenching as he helplessly watch them put Beomgyu inside the police car. He didn't even spare another glance.

This is impossible, suspicious even. He made sure they were untraceable, double-checked it to be certain. And the only one who knows their whereabouts is—

Taehyun's eyes widened.

Yeonjun.