Chapter 16

"You are so fucking crazy, Beomgyu." Taehyun hisses at the said male, who was laughing hard as they hide behind a wall of a huge villa that sits in the middle of a wide garden. A villa that belongs to the biggest boss of the empire. "If you wanted a suicide then I should've left you to bleed to death!"

"But you didn't." Beomgyu snickers, having the audacity to smirk despite their grave situation.

As for the situation, well, Beomgyu just crashed a stolen ten-wheeler truck into the gates of Tiger's villa, catching the men by surprise as they get mowed by the vehicle. With too much rest and adrenaline stored in Beomgyu's body, he drove the truck around and reduced the landscaped garden to a swamp of mud and bodies. While Taehyun started shooting with a newer rifle in a rush from his criminal's impromptu plan.

Isn't Beomgyu supposed to be in the hospital? Yes, yes he is. Did Taehyun snuck him out again? Yes, yes he did.

("Get me out of here."

"Are you nuts? You just woke up today!"

"So?"

"I've snuck you out of prison and it's fine. I'm not doing the same thing here when you clearly need some rest."

"Look, it's much better to strike at the heart when you least expect it.")

And they did. Because Beomgyu is persuasive and Taehyun is a sucker.

When the men started shooting the truck, the two of them got down and took cover behind the nearest wall — the backside of the house. They'd be cornered there, obviously. Which is why Taehyun is scolding him. But Beomgyu is incredible at being a criminal.

"Okay Taetae, here's the plan." Beomgyu says, grinning. Taehyun waits for him to elaborate, anxious yet pumped. Strange combination, but it works. "When I count to three, the lights will be cut off. I'm climbing the roof to cover you, and you go around the house to clear the vicinity. Careful since I'm sure there are people inside, but you can just blast them off with a grenade or something."

"That's it? Gyu, there's only two of us here." He worried, catching sight of a lot of men around when they were driving. It's nighttime, however, and it seems like Beomgyu's plan takes full advantage of the dark.

"I'm not dumb. Soobin is somewhere around here, he'll cut the electricity." Beomgyu answers, practically shaking in excitement. Taehyun shouldn't be endeared but he's just so cute.

"You're so excited for someone who'll commit more crimes. Are you high or what?" He jokes.

"I might've snorted some coke earlier before driving." Beomgyu admits, scratching his nape sheepishly when Taehyun glared. "What? I need more adrenaline. Besides you're with me. You're like a literal partner in crime now." Before Taehyun could say anything again, Beomgyu gave him a quick passionate kiss, breaking away with a pull on his lower lip. "I'll see you later, angel."

The count of three was a lie as the lights suddenly cut off and Taehyun flinched at the sudden loss. Raising the rifle in his hand for defense. Sensing that Beomgyu's already gone, he moved to follow the instructions, immediately hearing gunfire from the roof and near the gates of the mini mansion.