Mum, I Want a Gun

Izuku awoke without movement. His eyes didn't open, and his breathing pattern did not change.

He had been moved. His gun wasn't under the pillow, and the duvet covering him was too thick, too heavy to be his own. It restricted his movement, preventing him from reaching a ready stance quickly.

The greenette slowly opened his eyes, barely revealing his pupils in order to survey the room.

It felt.. familiar. There were posters on the walls, although in his current position he couldn't quite make out what was on them. There didn't seem to be anyone else in the room with him, and he couldn't see any cameras.

Izuku sat up, and immediately froze.

It was his room. His room from his old home of three years ago, covered wall to wall with All Might merchandise. But that would mean..

He calmly got out of bed and walked over to the door, opening it silently. Izuku stepped into the hall, and walked towards the noise coming from the next room.

There was a short, green haired woman bustling about in the small kitchenette. She turned to him with a smile, warm, inviting and familiar.

"Good morning Izuku!" She said.

"Good morning mum."

____________________

Were teenagers always this irritating? Izuku had three years to get back into shape in preparation for UA, but instead of working out he was sitting in a subpar school surrounded by superpowered simpletons.

Don't even get him started on the walking bomb squad's nightmare.

He'd studied this stuff years ago, maths and science hadn't really advanced that much in the last 300 years, so he didn't have to focus too much on studying. He may have lost his accent, but he could still speak fluent English, as well as a dozen other languages including French, Spanish, German, Russian, Chinese and Welsh, to name just a few.

Once school was finally over he went straight home and got online, looking up everything he could on Law in Japan. Specifically firearm laws, but he did branch out a bit.

In the past it was nigh impossible to get a gun as a civilian in Japan, but nowadays it was pretty simple. Since there were five year olds able to shoot fire out of their hands, gun regulations stagnated, and civilians were able to acquire a licence relatively easily.

Izuku looked up where the closest shooting range was, changing out of his uniform and leaving his room.

"I'm going out for a couple hours!" He called, opening the front door.

"Be back before dinner!" Inko replied from the living room.

Izuku closed the door and hopped down the stairs, walking to the train station.

The nearest range was a good few miles away, which would be far on foot, but on the train it was only twenty minutes or so.

One train ride and a short walk later found Izuku outside 'Snipe's Range', a place advertised to be for 'aspiring hero sharpshooters'. The greenette opened the door and headed inside, smiling at the young woman behind the desk.

"Good afternoon. I was wondering if I could take the licencing test? I looked at the website beforehand.." he said.

The woman smiled, typing on her keyboard for a moment.

"I assume you've had experience with a firearm before?" She asked. Izuku nodded. "Can I have your full name and birth date please."

"Izuku Midoriya, the 15th of July, 2344." He responded.

"Thank you Midoriya. What is your reason for requesting a licence?" She continued.

"Protection. Hero training, when I attend university." He said.

A few minutes later and he was led through to the range itself, where a multitude of children, teenagers and adults were firing guns at targets from behind a low barrier, all wearing earmuffs. They were all being supervised by the hero Snipe himself, watching from the back while several staff members aided the students. The hero turned at their approach.

"Midoriya is here to take the licencing test sir." The employee said.

The hero tipped his hat.

"G'day there young 'un. You've had experience with guns before I take it?" He asked.

Izuku nodded. The hero made a 'follow me' gesture and headed to the far end of the range.

The cowboy gestured to the rows of firearms on the table, of which Izuku selected a single sidearm. A basic pistol, no attachments, with a sixteen round clip. The hero nodded to the distant target.

"Sixteen shots. Four targets. Top score of 64, four points for each bullseye, four shots per target. The current record is 59, set by your's truly. 40 an' up is a guaranteed pass. 32 an' up could pass, depends on the accuracy. 31 an' down is a fail. Fire when ready." The cowboy said.

Izuku flicked the safety off and fired four shots, then moved slightly, firing another four, then again twice more. Six seconds elapsed from when the safety was released and the final bullet was fired.

Snipe blinked, before pressing the button that brought the targets up to the barrier.

Every bullet had hit the dead centre of the bullseye, one after another, on all four of the wooden targets. The fourth bullet on each target hadn't even connected with the target itself, it had just gone straight through the hole already made by the first three.

Izuku released the empty clip and loaded a new one, flicking the safety on and setting the gun back onto the table. Snipe was still staring dumbfoundedly at the perfect score presented to him.

Izuku went home with a holster under his armpit and his new gun beneath his jacket.