Chapter 20 - Plan For Repercussions

Astéri blinked as she cracked her eyes open, yawning, then stared up in confusion.

The ceiling. The ceiling was different. Why was the ceiling different?

She must just be blurry from sleep. Turning over, she kicked off her blankets and rolled straight into a wall.

Why was the wall on her right? Her bunk had a wall to the left. First the ceiling and now the wall? Had it moved?

She blinked and rubbed her eyes. Then it hit her.

She wasn't in her old bunk. She would probably never see that bunk again. She was on Slave I.

A grin split her face and she rolled out of bed. On the correct side this time.

Tugging at the cuffs of her bodysuit, Astéri wrinkled her nose. She had been wearing it since, what? Before she died, at least. She was so used to wearing her armour. It was time for a change.

She stumbled over to a cupboard and yanked it open, rummaging through Boba's clothes. He was a fair deal taller than her, but Astéri settled on a pair of cargo trousers and a shirt that would only be slightly too loose on her. Slipping out of her beskar bodysuit, she tugged on the clothes.

She had to roll up the sleeves a considerable amount.

Stifling another yawn, Astéri climbed up the ladder to the cockpit to find Boba sitting in the pilot's chair, staring absentmindedly out of the window, munching on a bowl of cereal. He looked around as Astéri came in and raised an eyebrow.

"Is that my shirt?"

"Not anymore." Astéri replied, reaching over and snatching Boba's breakfast out of his hands. "And it's not your cereal anymore either." She continued, stuffing a spoonful in her mouth.

Boba rolled his eyes but grinned. He started to speak. "So-"

"It's morning, I'm still sleepy and I'm eating food. I'd advise you not to speak to me until I'm finished." Astéri cautioned. Boba shook his head in amusement, but let her finish eating before he continued. "So now that I'm dead, officially, what's the plan?"

Astéri reached over and tapped away at the nav computer. "I figured I should look for more work. I mean, I can't just kill the number one bounty hunter and then disappear into nowhere, that's just suspicious. Now that people know who I am, I need a few more hunts to my name. The more dangerous, the better.

Boba sighed. "Yeah, probably. Maybe we can find some work with my old syndicate."

Astéri raised her eyebrows. "You had a syndicate? That's not like you, it sounds very... organised."

Boba glared, but didn't comment. "Yeah. The Fett syndicate."

"Creative name."

"Shut up." Boba elbowed Astéri, but had the decency to look embarrassed at his poor naming choice. "Anyway, maybe they can give us a new bounty. Let's see... I think I left Latts Razzi in charge."

Astéri shrugged, nonplussed. "I have no idea who that is."

Boba looked confused for a second before he realised. "Oh, that's right, you never you met her. I forgot, you missed a few years." He shot Astéri a sheepish grin. "Probably a good thing, I was a very violent teenager."

Astéri smirked back at him. "Technically you're still a violent teenager."

"Again, shut up." Boba was struggling to contain his laughter and Astéri knew it. "Besides, at the moment it's fine-tuned violence, but before it was just chaos. You know, I once beat up Obi Wan Kenobi. Though he was undercover as Rako Hardeen, so I didn't know it at the time."