Epilogue

It took an embarrassingly long time for Astéri and Boba to install an extra bunk in Slave I. When they finally got round to it, they ended up just extending the existing bunk to be a double bed, though Boba always grumbled that Astéri stole all the blankets.

Three years later, Boba asked Astéri to marry him.

Thrilled, Astéri happily agreed and pretended that she hadn't known it was coming for the past six months.

The wedding was small, consisting of some of Boba's bounty hunter friends and his old syndicate, but there was a lot of drinking, especially from one Asajj Ventress, who complained that she didn't even know why she was there and that she was only sticking around in case a fight broke out.

Astéri kept her own surname. Her heart was Boba's, but she was her own woman, and she wasn't about to let her family name go to waste.

Boba happily reclaimed his title as the number one bounty hunter as Astéri found that her skill set was better suited to covert ops and assassinations, striking from the shadows. Their daughter, Anya Melinoe Vorte, would later share the same skill set.

Anya, born two years after Boba and Astéri's wedding, was a free spirit, like her mother. As such it was a surprise to nobody when she dropped the 'Vorte' from her name and set out on her own path in the Galaxy, tied to no one, free to choose. Astéri worried about her, but was not one to pretend that she was about to hold her daughter back in life.

Astéri saved her husband's life on many occasions, which she never let him forget about, such as one particular incident when she had to haul Boba up by his jacket when he was knocked into a sarlacc pit by a blind man with a boat paddle. Astéri found this hilarious. Boba did not.

A few days later, when the Empire fell, Astéri mourned the death of Anakin Skywalker for the second time, but was happy that the galaxy was free. She and Boba settled on Tatooine, though they continued to operate far and wide, and later rescued Fennec Shand when Boba found her injured in the desert.

Astéri and Fennec made a formidable team, as well as Fennec being the only other person to be able to knock some sense into Boba.

After the Darksaber was reclaimed by Din Djarin, Astéri saw an opportunity to return to the home she barely remembered, as she hadn't seen Mandalore since she was three. When Boba claimed the throne of Jabba the Hutt, she vowed that as soon as he was secure in his rule, she would return to Mandalore for a few months to help Bo'Katan and Din reclaim their homeworld.