Chapter 14

Marcello:
I took a deep drag of my cigar and exhaled, Romero glaring at me with something in his eyes.

"Cat got your tongue?" I rested my elbows on the mahogany desk, waiting for something stupid to spill out his mouth.

"I don't like any of this, you shouldn't be going along with the marriage"

Of course he would think that.

"Why not? I have Salvatore hanging on a string at the moment. I can't wait to see the look on his face when I take his daughter away"

Romero gave a look of disapproval.
"Then why is Genianna getting punished? I thought we were becoming allies with the Cosa Nostra, not start a war over a marriage"

I shot him a look that told him he spoke too fucking much.

"Now that I have Genianna back in my life I'd set fire to the world for her. Our mafia is more powerful than Salvatore's, I couldn't give a shit about a war"

Romero pushed his chair back, getting ready to leave my office but before he walked out the door, he turned to me.

"You might do anything for her, but would she do the same for you?"

He shut the door behind him.

The words sank into me.

Would she do the same?

It was an inconvenience to be thinking about something like that right now. I rubbed the scar on the side of my neck, choosing not to reply to the statement and pushed the  ridiculous question away.

I got up from my office chair, walking out the silent room.

I passed the daily gamblers that entered my casino as I made my way to my car.

Fishing the keys out my pocket, I hear screams and shouts coming from down the road.

"Stop her!! Somebody stop her!" The scream was getting closer and closer.

That's when a tiny, dark haired girl attempted to try whiz past me but I stopped in front of her, grabbing her arms to steady her.

She tried fighting me off and I shook her until I got a clear view of her face.

𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑙𝑦, 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑒.

It took Genianna a good moment to finally clock who's arms she was in.

She pulled her red lips into a grin, showing off her perfect, sly smile.

The shouts that came from the person down the street came to an end when the middle aged man stopped in his tracks.

His eyes widened when he saw me and he began to stutter.

"Uh th-thank you for s-stopping her"

I raised a brow, asking him with my eyes why he thanked me.

He seemed to understand that perfectly.

"Y-you stopped her, she was climbing m-my roof and I need to c-call the p-police"

The fucker's stuttering was annoying the shit out of me.

Genianna was staring into my eyes, completely ignoring the man who was running after her just 5 minutes ago.

I let go off her but grabbed her hand before she could make a move to start running again and shoved her to stand next to me.

"The police? Why are feds getting involved?"

"F-for trespassing sir..."

The man had a stupid look on his face, knowing he fucked up when his eyes flickered to my hand holding hers.

"Carry on with your day. If I find out you've called the police, your family will be attending a funeral tomorrow"

He swallowed and quickly nodded before walking back down the street where he came from. But not without tripping up.

I opened my car door and pushed Genianna in the passenger seat, ignoring her protests.

"Stop manhandling me all the fucking time"

She huffed and tried to open the door but they were all locked.

I started the car, leaning back in my seat, one arm resting on the console and the other on the steering wheel. I drove towards the place where the Antonelli's lived.

"Now morte, please tell me why you found interest in climbing a man's roof?"

She took the pack of gum on the console and threw a piece in her mouth.

"Because I don't like him"

"Why?"

"Because he chased me down the street and threatened to call the feds on me. Were you not just standing there?" Sarcasm filtered her voice.

She began to chew on her gum obnoxiously just for the mere fact of annoying me.

We stopped at a red light, next to a grey fiat.

Genianna turned to see the driver.

He was an ugly little fuck, definitely younger than both of us.

However that didn't stop her from keeping her eyes on him.

"Morte, do you want to resume yesterday's scene? This time I'll make your whole family sit on the sofa and have them watch me finger you"

I could hear Genianna's breathing change and she squeezed her thighs together.

𝐹𝑢𝑐𝑘.

The motherfucker next to us smiled at her and I leaned forward, giving the ugly shit a treacherous look.

He immediately whipped his head forward, fear clear in his eyes.

Genianna sighed, "why did you do that? He was cute"

"Just the sight of him made me sick, it's even worse that you find a Fiat driver "cute"".

She held up a middle finger at me.

The light turned green and I raced down the streets of New York.

I kept glancing over at Genianna every few seconds, making sure she wasn't eyeing some other guy.

When I pulled up in front of her house, she unfastened her seat belt and stepped out the car.

"Oh and Genianna"

She bent down, looking at me through the car door and I rested my arm against the headrest of the passenger seat.

"I ever catch you making eye contact with another man, I'll cut his dick off and make you watch me shove it down his throat"

She made a frustrated sound and slammed the car door shut.