1

"El! EL! WAKE UP!! SNOW IS COMING!" The deafening sounds of Rose shouting at me awoke me from my dream. Rose was the owner of my foster home, but I guess you could call her my mother because she is the only mother-figure I have ever had in my life. I do love Rose, but I have always wanted to find out who my real mother is. You may wonder why I have never gone to find her, and I do too, but The Evil Queen made it too dangerous for us to leave the adoption Centre without Rose to protect us. Rose said no to going to find my mother with me because we would have to search the whole forest. But I don't really mind, I'm happy where I am. 

Today, Snow White is coming to my adoption Centre. I couldn't believe it at first! I jumped out of bed and got ready. I wore my beautiful red dress I got for my birthday last month. I had waited for the right moment to wear it, and today is the day. (Picture at the top)

Just then, I heard the door bang as snow ran in and Rose showed her the hidden room behind one of the beds. "What's going on Rose?" I asked and Rose looked to me after closing the door behind Snow. "Hide with her! Quick! The queen was spotted in the village next to us!" Rose exclaimed and I rushed into the hidden room with Snow. 

"I'm El!" I said and Snow smiled to me,                                                                                                                "I'm Snow!' She said and I smiled to her. "Weird question, do you know who your mother is?" Snow said and I looked to her confused. "Um, no, why do you ask?" I replied. "I was just wondering" She said and looked to me. I suddenly felt extremely uncomfortable around Snow. I stood up and left with tears gripping onto my cheeks. "El, are you ok?" I heard a voice say behind me, i turned around to see Rose standing there with a worried face. "I... I need to go!" I exclaimed, my voice sounding fragile. I didn't know what to do, so I just ran. Straight out of the adoption Centre and into the forbidden woods. I ran away until I could no longer hear the calls of my name in the distance. I don't know why I ran, I just hate talking about my mother because I know that I will never know who she is and why she gave me up. I hear a carriage in the distance, the sound of the wheels and the horse feet galloping towards me. I tried to run, I knew who it was, The Queen. My hands slipped from my dress, causing me to fall over it. I turned to face the direction of the carriage, I felt my breath start the speed up as the rich, black carriage came to a halt in front of me and out came a tall woman. She had long boots that covered her legs up to her knees and a long black, silk dress that fell down to the floor. She was magnificent, so rich and elegant. She opened the door slowly, revealing her  long, black hair and her face that was covered in beautiful makeup. I had never seen anyone like her. 

Not looking me in the eyes, she began to speak, her voice loud and demanding to show that she ruled over me. "You're in my way girl." She said, finally bringing herself to look me in the eyes, to look into the eyes of a peasant girl. As soon as she saw me, her eyes started to fill with tears. I jumped up and bowed to her on my knees. "I.. I'm sorry your Majesty" I said and stood up with my head bowed down and moved out of the road. "What are you doing out here all alone anyway?" She said and moved closer to me, placing her hand on my chin and pulling it up to her, forcing me to look her in her beautiful brown eyes. "I'm looking for my mother" I said to her. And she looked down to my feather necklace that my birth mother gave to me and smiled at me. "Why don't I help" She said and I looked at her confused. "Hop in!" She said, making her way to her carriage door and gesturing her hand to tell me to get in. I stood up and wiped the mud off my dress. I slowly walked into the carriage nodding my head as I passed her and sharing a smile with The Evil Queen.