Prologue

It was a bright and sunny day on the the island of Patch. There's a house where you see two girls running around playing. The girl has long blonde hair and she has lilac eyes while the other one has black hair with red tips and has silver eyes. They are Yang Xiao Long and Ruby Rose, they half sisters. Yang is 10 years old and Ruby was 8. With them is a man with blonde hair sitting on a bench watching them play. It was their father Taiyang Xiao Long. But theirs also a boy inside a room watching them outside through his window. He has black hair. He was also covered in bruises, cuts and has a lot of scars. This boy was Y/n L/n(rose), Ruby's and Yang's older brother. Y/n was also 12 years old, 2 years older than Yang. He was treated differently, getting beaten by his father for no reason at all. His father would do this to him if his mother is out on a mission. His sisters were the ones who took care of him after being beaten. His uncle Qrow doesn't know this because his father threatened him if tell this to his mother and uncle. And now Y/n is cleaning the house until his father shouted his name.

Taiyang: Y/n!

He rushed to where his father was and stood in front of him.

Y/n: Y-Yes sir.

Taiyang: Come here you little brat! Yang needs a sparring partnet.

Yang: But Dad it's far from training hour.

Taiyang: It's fine. I want to see how good you are.

He kicked Y/n who stumbled in front of Yang and fell. He looked to his sister who was hesitant to attack him.

Y/n: Do it yang.

Yang: I-I'm sorry big brother.

Yang punched Y/n on the gut making him slouch forward and she delivered a powerful punch sending him to a tree.

Taiyang: That's my girl. Thank you for teaching that good for nothing piece of trash a lesson. Go and clean up girls, I'm making dinner so that we can eat.

He went inside the house and straight for the kitchen. The two sisters ran up to Y/n and checked in him.

Ruby: Big brother, are you okay?

Y/n: Never better Rubes.

Yang: Y/n I'm so sorry for punching you.

Y/n: It's fine Yang. I don't want you guys to get hurt because of me.

Ruby: Let's go inside and wash you up.

They helped him up and went inside the house. They Y/n on his room to rest while they clean themselves up. Y/n was on his bed sitting while hugging his legs until the door on his room opened. This scared him and covered himself with his blanket.

???: Y/n sweetie, are you here?

Y/n: M-Mom?

Summer: Hey there my little Dusa.

He went up to her and hugged her while crying. His mother was worried until she saw some wounds and bruise on his arms.

Summer: Sweetie, what happened to you? You have so many bruise and wounds.

He became silent and remembered what his fathered said to him.

(Flashback)