Chapter 1

Ryujin strutted down the school corridor with everyone's eyes on her. She didn't mind the fuss and kept walking. She glanced down her timetable and made her way up the stairs to the second floor of the building.

"Who is she?" she heard one of the students say as walk by. "She must be new" answered the other.

Finally reaching the room, she went in and took a seat by the window. People started coming in and the teacher started to introduce herself and began teaching. Ryujin rested her head on her left hand while writing the things on the board.

The door burst open interrupting the class making Ryujin raise her head. She saw a girl with a long wavy brownish hair with a fashionista, rich kid vibe radiating from her. The girl strolled inside the classroom not minding the teacher in front of the class.

She then stopped in front of Ryujin looking down at her "Excuse me, you're in my seat" she said

"Is your name written on it?" Ryujin challenged

"Matter of fact, yes" the girl grinned and pointed at the etched name on the table.

Ryujin gave the girl a satisfied grin and grabbed her bag on the floor and moved on the table just in front. The room was quiet, and everyone was listening in their conversation "Ok, back to the lesson" the teacher started again.

After class, Ryujin was fixing her locker when it suddenly slammed shut "What are you doing here?!" the girl demanded.

Ryujin looked at her sluggishly "This is a school. I'm here to study" she replied sarcastically

"What? Are you stalking me now?"

Ryujin sighed and turned to the girl "Why would I stalk you?"

The other girl groaned furiously and walked away but turned halfway "Don't you dare come near me" she warned making Ryujin grin.

Lia grunted irritatedly in her room when she realized Ryujin was in every class she had "Argh! That girl! She's so annoying!" she groaned

"Is everything ok, princess?" a middle-aged man peaked into her bedroom. She sat on her bed and her dad joined her "What's wrong, darling?"

"Nothing, dad. It's just there's this g—" a phone rang

"Sorry, princess but I have to take this call" her dad explained and exited the room

So, she slumped down her bed staring at the white ceiling. But then a picture of a girl with a mocking grin flashed in her mind making her ball up a fist "You are so annoying!" she screamed in her pillow.

The next day Ryujin held two cups of freshly brewed coffee and approached Lia "Good morning, sweetheart" she greeted making the other girl slam her locker "Coffee?"

Lia looked down at the cups and took one. She opened it and poured it on Ryujin's head. "Thanks" she smiled and walked away leaving Ryujin drenched with coffee.

But instead of getting angry Ryujin replied "You're welcome" cheerfully annoying the other girl.

At lunch, Lia sat around her friends in the cafeteria "Who was that girl this morning?" asked Chaeryeong one of her friends.

Just thinking of Ryujin makes her blood boil. "Can we not talk about her" she replied.

Just then Ryujin entered wearing a simple Calvin Klein graphic tee paired with black ripped jeans and vans. As usual everyone's eyes were one her as she made her way in the canteen and stopped at Lia's table "Your mouth is open" she teased making Lia drop her gaze

But looked up again "What do you want now?" she asked

Ryujin grinned "Go on a date with me" she said making everyone gasp in surprise

Lia gave her a questioning look then turned into an amused look "Sure" she replied

"Great, I'll see you tonight" said Ryujin

That night Ryujin rented the whole restaurant for the night and prepared meals that Lia might like. She also hired a little orchestra to play in the background and decorated the place with Lia's favorite flowers. And now the only thing missing is Lia herself.

Ryujin waited patiently thinking she might be stuck in traffic or still getting ready. So, she waited.

And waited

And waited

It's around midnight now and there's no Lia in sight. She tried texting her and calling her but there was no answer.

The next day Lia woke up and felt fresh and energized. She gleefully strode down the stairs and met her dad in the kitchen but then she realized there was another figure standing behind him "Lia, seat" her dad ordered

She obeyed and took her usual seat beside him. She kept glancing at the figure who was leaning on the wall.

"You didn't turn up to your date last night" her dad started "Ryujin here told me she waited for you"

"Oh, it was yesterday? I thought it was for next week" Lia asked innocently

"That's not good bailing on your fiancé like that, Lia" her dad exclaimed "I heard you were out with your friends again last night"

"But dad—"

"No buts young lady" her dad interrupted "So I've decided you'll start living in Ryujin's condo. So that you'll have more time together and maybe get along for once"

"But dad!" Lia complained

"My decision's final" he replied

Lia turned to the girl who is now grinning at her 'you'll pay for this' she mouthed

Ryujin grinned at her I love you too she replied