Chapter 14

Monday came and to Ryujin's surprise, Lia's been hanging around her more. But she's clingier and bossier in some sense. "Where's my coffee?" Lia asked

"You know I'm not your slave, right?" Ryujin asked handing the girl her coffee

"Are you saying something?"

"No, no" Ryujin raised her arms "by the way, I'll be home late today?"

Lia turned to her and gave her a suspicious look "And why? Don't tell me you're going out with that girl"

"I have a game tonight"

"Oh, ok" said Lia and walked away.

Afternoon came, and Ryujin and her teammates are in the dugouts. While the boy's team are having their game first. She went out to see how's the game going and saw that they were doing just fine except it made her blood boil just seeing Soobin play.

She rolled her eyes and stretched 'I don't even know why coach let him play, he's like a toothpick. He doesn't have hand and eye coordination and he get to brags about being in the team' Ryujin thought.

When it was the start of their game, the girls started their warm-up drills and did some shooting. While shooting some free-throws some people in the crowd were shouting Ryujin's name 'Go number fourteen!" a girl shouted, and Ryujin doesn't recognize her so, she must be from the other school.

Ryujin in comparison to Soobin has more experience with a 4-year winning streak behind her back in Germany. But she doesn't get cocky. "Go Ryujin!" a group of girls cheered. Ryujin just nodded at them politely.

The game started and of course Ryujin's team is taking a massive lead. This team is not as bad. They've been winning games in the past.

While in the game Ryujin noticed a familiar figure in the crowd 'Lia' she thought 'What is she doing here? Maybe she's here to watch Soobin's game' she took a shot and saw Lia cheer making her heart flatter 'or mine'

The first half ended, and Ryujin's team still has the lead and the other team seemed to be struggling. Their coach was telling her players the next move and Ryujin while listening seemed to pay attention more on the girl on the bleachers.

The other people on the crowd kept chanting Ryujin's name making the other girl roll her eyes and that didn't escape Ryujin, making her smile to herself.

The second half started, and the other team seemed more aggressive on making more points and to stop the other team from scoring.

A player from the other team took a shot and because Ryujin was under the basket, she jumped to take the rebound.

The other player from the other team also jumped and because she was taller she took the ball and on the way down the other girl elbowed Ryujin, making her groan in pain on the ground.

"Hey that's a foul" Ryujin's coach shouted to the referee.

Ryujin still on the ground was holding her right cheek in pain and suddenly blood started to flow down from her mouth.

She tried to get up but still felt disorientated.

Meanwhile, Lia wanted to bolt to the court, but her friends stopped her.

A girl helped Ryujin up and walked her to the bench. They then fixed her up and told her to rest for the rest of the game.

The game started again, and Ryujin team started to fall behind without their star player. Ryujin kept pleading to let her in again. At first their coach was reluctant but agreed in the end.

After the game Ryujin's team won taking a massive lead against their opponent "Good game" a girl from the other team told Ryujin shaking her hand. She was the one who helped Ryujin.

"Yeah, you guys were great" Ryujin replied

"Thanks" the girl came closer "Maybe we cou—"

"Ehem" said someone behind making them turn

"Well, it's great meeting you Ryujin. Nice game" the girl said and left

"Congrats" said Lia handing Ryujin a towel

"Thanks" Ryujin replied with a confused look on her face "I didn't know you're into these things. Came here to watch Soobins' game?"

"Y-yeah. Sure"

"Hey babe!" said Soobin swooping Lia into a hug "I thought I saw you in the crowd"

Ryujin rolled her eyes and walked off.

"Did you see me play?" asked Soobin

"Y-yeah. You were great" replied Lia glancing towards where Ryujin went. Lia got home and found Ryujin in the kitchen icing her cheeks "Does that hurt?" she asked making the other girl turn

"What do you think?"

"Ok, geez! I was only asking. I didn't know it a sin to be caring now"

Ryujin grinned "I didn't know you can care'"

Lia threw her a brown bag and walked away. Ryujin opened the bag and saw painkillers, icepacks, and creams for her bruised cheek.

So, Ryujin feeling guilty ran to Lia's room where she found her on her bed covering her face with pillows "I'm sorry" Lia threw her pillow towards Ryujin and the other girl caught it "Thank you for the stuff"

Lia still didn't reply

"Why don't we order some food? Sushi? Then we could watch Lion King. How 'bout that?" Ryujin tempted. She knew those were her favourites

Lia bolted up her bed and went downstairs

Ryujin smiled on how the other girl acted 'You never change'