Chapter 18

The next morning, Lia woke up and it seemed like Ryujin didn't come home yesterday.

So, she hurried to school hoping to see the other girl there because Ryujin never misses two school days in a row.

However, Ryujin wasn't there. She asked the people who Ryujin hangs around with in school and her teammates "Hey have you guys seen, Ryujin?"

They shook their heads "No, sorry" said one girl

"She didn't go to the training yesterday too" said another

"Thank you" replied Lia

After school she hurried back to the apartment again but nothing. It seemed like she just disappeared.

She then went to the office thinking she was there. She opened the door to Ryujin's office but there was no one there. "Hey, have you seen, Ryujin?" she asked Ryujin's secretary

"Miss Lia. Uhm... no ma'am. We haven't seen her. She was supposed to come here yesterday for a meeting, but she didn't" the woman replied

"Ok thank you. Can you call me if she come here?"

"Yes ma'am" the girl politely replied

At this point she was getting worried and getting more desperate to find her. So, she called Jackson. The man answered "L-Lia"

"Hello sir. Uhm...I'm sorry to call but, have you seen Ryujin. She hasn't been attending school and she wasn't at the apartment"

"Uhm... why don't you come to our house. Your dad's also on his way here" Robert told her

So, she did. She didn't need directions because she knows where it is even with her eyes closed. She stopped on a black gate. 18 Blackhorse Road, the house where Ryujin grew up in.

She rang the doorbell and a middle-aged woman opened the gate "Miss Lia, Sir Jackson and your dad are waiting for you inside"

"Thank you" replied Lia and went in.

She went in and saw that the house never changed much. The familiar minimalist contemporary style. She took her time to take everything again.

She remembered the grey sofa, it used to be white, but they changed it because Ryujin always comes home muddy. "Ryujin, how many time do I have to tell you to not to go to the sofa when you're dirty" a woman told the young Ryujin

"But mom I'm tired. And why don't you just change these." Ryujin whined and laid on the cotton white sofa

"Ryujin, go wash up. Then we'll have dinner" Rose told her daughter

"But mom—"

"No buts, go to your room or you won't have ice cream" so with that, Ryujin ran to her room.

The fireplace where the picture frames where was still there. She grabbed Ryujin's frame and a smile crept up her face.

It was a picture of Ryujin looking outside the window on her office. She knows this picture because she was the one who took it.

It was a recent picture actually. This was just taken a few weeks ago when she went to visit her.

She found Ryujin standing by the glass window looking down the busy city below. There was a camera in the table next to the door so, she took it and took a picture of the other girl.

She put down the frame and went to the grand piano on the corner. She played some keys while reminiscing Ryujin playing the piano for her when they were kids.

Ryujin was only five when she started to play, so imagine how good she is now.

"Miss Lia, Sir Jackson and your dad is waiting for you in the study" a woman told Lia.

Lia knocked on the wooden door "Come in" a man told her

She saw her dad and Jackson seating on the sofa on the side of the office "Seat" Jaebom told her daughter

So, she sat next to her dad "Where's Ryujin?" she asked

The men looked at each other "Uhm... let's get to it shall we. Why don't you tell us about your boyfriend?" said Jaebom.

Lia was taken aback "Uhm..."

"I guess that answered our question. You did have a boyfriend" said Jaebom and wiped his face with his hands "I guess this is my fault too. I shouldn't have forced you into this"

"W-what are you talking about, dad?" asked a confused Lia

"Yesterday, Ryujin paid me a visit at my office and we had a talk. She explained everything to me"

"What did she say?"

"S-she said that you were happy when you met this guy. And that she's blaming herself for taking away your happiness"

"Where is she?"

"She's gone" said Jackson finally saying a word

"What do you mean she's gone?"

"She went somewhere. She said nothing about where she's going" said Jackson

"W-we have to find her"

"We have no idea where she is. She might be on the other side of the world for all we know"

"There's no point of looking for someone who doesn't want to be found" said Jackson

"But we have to find her!" said Lia in frustration

"Lia, Ryujin already broke off the engagement!" said Jaebom

"S-she what?" Lia asked weakly