Chapter Two: Blueberry

Natalie woke up, her body aching, head pounding, everything was still spinning, her vision was blurry, she couldn't remember a thing that had happened, and her throat was dry. She couldn't utter a word. She sat up and laid her back against the headboard of the bed, still trying to remember what happened. Once she remembered it, she tried to find her glasses. She saw them on the nightstand next to the glass of water Gabriel gave her. She drank all of it. And as expected, it helped her throat hence she could now speak normally again. 

She walked to the full sized mirror in the room to check if she had some bruises or scars. She takes her blazer off and pulls her turtleneck to only reveal her waist. She's not surprised when she sees a huge bruise on it and every time she moves, it becomes more painful. She completely takes her top off, leaving her only with her bra on as she inspects her whole body for more. There was one on her left arm, one on her left shoulder, and multiple on her back. Nathalie sighed and wore her turtleneck once more. She hadn't finished putting it on when she heard the door open. 

“I told you Duusu she’ll be fine. I bought her som-, Nathalie!” Gabriel went into the room, thinking she’s still unconscious. A shade of blush crept on his face. He immediately looked away while Duusu did the same. Even though she’s a kwami, she still respects her owner's privacy. 

“Sir!” Nathalie yelled as she quickly finished getting dressed. She straightened her posture and dusted her clothes off. Once she's done, she clears her throat to let him know that it’s alright to look.

“Are you sure I can look?” 

“Y-Yes.” she gulped. 

Gabriel turned around to see her standing there sheepishly and a blushing mess. She still looks weak and tired which pained him to see. What questions him is, why was she standing there half-naked? Nathalie doesn’t have clothes here hence there’s no reason for her to change. He can't look her right in the eye from what just happened. He couldn't even remember why he was there in the first place before Nathalie uttered,

“Sir? Why are you here anyways?” 

“Oh, uhmm, I was just going to give you some pain relievers then I saw you standing there like that. I'm pretty sure you need it.” he handed her a medicine box full of it. 

“Thank you, sir.” she thanked him even though she only needed one. 

“I noticed that you were looking at something in the mirror earlier.  And I glanced at something dark on your back. What was it?” 

“Oh, that was nothing. Just a little bruise from earlier.” 

“A little?" a hint of sarcasm in his voice was detected.

“It’s nothing, really. I can take care of it.” 

“Are you sure? You don't seem like you could take care of it by yourself.'' 

''Yes, sir. Now can you please be excused for a moment while I change?'' 

''Oh yes, of course. See you later then.'' 

Nathalie nodded and tried to take her turtleneck when Gabriel was walking out the room. But somehow, the pain in her body only got worse. She couldn't lift her arms up and even if she tried to, she'd let out a quiet whimper. Before Gabriel could leave the room, he was quick to notice her struggling  and went back for her. He didn't know what to do when he saw her like that. He doesn't want to make her feel uncomfortable hence he just stood there, waiting for her to say something. 

“Need my help?” he shyly asked.

“Fine. If you insist.” she finally gives in. When he slowly lifted her clothing, shivers went down her spine. She couldn't believe that her superior is doing this to her right now. She also isn't doing anything about it and Gabriel doesn't seem to mind doing this to her either.