Moving In: Pt 2

"Will you help me, babe..?" Cara asked and continued to explain why Adrien won't get up. 

Nathalie nearly burst out from laughter but managed to contain herself. She just continued to do her work and pretended to hear nothing at all. 

Gabriel really doesn't know how to help because even he can't bond with his son. He's trying his best but he knows it'll take some time. And his son was almost late for school so he didn't have much time. Nathalie was really the only one who can make things faster in this household. 

"How about let Nathalie help you? She's the one Adrien wants her so maybe she can convince him and teach you as well." Gabriel suggested. 

Cara looked furious, Nathalie kept her normal facial expression but inside she wanted to disagree with his statement. But both know that they don't have any other choices. They both kept their cool and hoped this would fly fast. Nathalie stood up from her seat and followed Cara into Adrien's room. 

He was still fast asleep as always. Nathalie sat beside him on the bed and slowly shocked him awake. "Adrien," she says with a gentle voice "you said you wanted me?" she strokes through his hair. 

He flutters his eyes open but still couldn't quite tell everything apart. "Hmm, Nathalie? Is that you?" he uttered, looking beside him. When his vision finally cleared up, he could see Nathalie staring back at him. He sits up from bed and gives her a tight hug. Nathalie didn't know how to react to his actions, hence she hugs back and gives him light taps on the back. 

"Why did you want me here? Madam Monet is here to do it. You should listen to her Adrien. She's your father's....you know." Nathalie stated. 

Cara just listened to their conversation getting annoyed. "Adrien, you'll be late for school. Get ready now while I talk to Nathalie." she pulled Adrien out of bed and dragged him to his bathroom. "Take a shower before you eat breakfast, okay, sweetie?" she smiled at him and shut the door behind her. She sighed and turned her attention to Nathalie. 

She walked up to her, "since you're what Adrien wants, you need to avoid him." she giggled. 

Nathalie was more than shocked. "Ma'am, I'm afraid I can't do that." she replied "it's my job to take care of him and to make sure he does all his classes and extra activities." 

"I'll take care of those. Just stay away from him as much as possible." she grinned. "And don't worry, I'll tell Gabriel about this. There's no chance he'll disagree." with that, she walked out. 

Nathalie, of course, didn't want to do this to Adrien. The boy will be so confused on why she needs to distance herself from him. But she knows she can't do anything for now. She knows her place in the manor. She's the assistant who needs to follow orders from her boss. Including the boss's lover. 

~~~~~~~

Just when she was about to sit down, the doorbell rang. It was all Cara's things. She opened the door and met up with the driver. She today them to cart all the things inside as soon as possible. 

Walking through the hallways Nathalie searches for Gabriel. He's not in his room and office. She checks the kitchen if he's making himself coffee but he was nowhere there either. Soon, she hears crashing sounds coming from the outside. Nathalie thought the movers dropped something but it was way worse that she imagined. Chat Noir went flying into the window when the akumatized victim flung him into the air. 

This explains where Gabriel went. And even though Gabriel already gave her the miraculouses, she never took it from the safe. He could still use it whenever he likes. But this doesn't make sense to her. She knows he already moved on from getting the miraculous and reviving Emilie from her coma.

"Are you okay, miss?" Chat noir checked at his surroundings to check if he accidentally hurt someone. 

"I'm fine, no need to worry." she replied. Chat Noir nodded and jumped back in the battle field. Nathalie was now more than curious on what's happening. She went straight into Gabriel's lair and she's not surprised to see him standing in the middle ordering his villain to obtain the miraculous. 

"Sir? What are you doing?" she asks, making Hawk Moth jump. "I thought you already gave her up?" she walks closer to him. 

He struggles to find a reply "I-i did." by the look on Nathalie's face, he knows she's not satisfied with his answer. "Akumatizing people became a daily habit for me, and I find some of them entertaining even if I lose every time." 

Nathalie wasn't satisfied with his answer. "You're hurting and bringing fear to innocent people out there, Gabriel. You're also wasting your and other people's time in the process." she sighed. "And if you continue doing this, there's always a chance that you'll get the miraculouses. If you did, what would you do with them? Will you revive Emillie?" 

There was a long silence between them. She was just staring at him waiting for an answer. 

"Miss Monet's things have already arrived downstairs. I'll be downstairs helping the workers if you need me." Nathalie walked to the trapdoor and was sent back to the office. Cara must be already going bonkers looking for her. 

Hawk Moth was left thinking about what he's doing. She's right about everything. He doesn't even know why he's doing this. He recalls the akuma and detransforms. 

~~~~~~~~

As Nathalie expected, Cara was yelling her name when she got there. She inhaled deeply and tried to keep a straight face walking out the office. She instantly bumped into Cara on her way out and she looked furious. 

"Nathalie Sancoeur!! Where in the world have you been!? You left all my things laying on the halway floor!! I don't know why you're still hired when this is how you do your job!" 

 Shit she completely forgot about that. "I appologize, Ms Monet. I was called for something urgent by Mr Agreste. I'll do it now." Nathalie was cursing at herself on the way to pick up Cara's things for being so forgetful. 

"Holdon on, Nathalie." Cara stopped her "don't you think this is finished. Gabriel will be hearing about this and I'll make sure to do the same with every single mistake you make." she grinned. 

Nathalie already saw that coming but didn't said anything, she walked passed Cara and instructed the workers to continue their work.

A/N: Don't ask, just read. Idk if I'm willing to continue this since I've been very busy with other stuff, I read back in this ff and oml my writing was horrible 💀. This chapter was a draft from March 18 2022 and I can't just leave this here unpublished. Sooo enjoy the (last) chapter?