Two

"Give me shelter from the storm, give me shelter keep me warm."
~Finneas

I blink furiously, trying to adjust my eyes to the darkness around me.

Sitting up straight, I gasp when I feel a contact on my leg.

"It's me Gen." Devon whispers calming down my racing pulse.

"Where are we?" I ask, glancing around trying, to see anything.

"I- I don't know." Devon whispers, fear lacing his tone. I shiver feeling another presence behind us.

"We're not alone." Scott joins in the conversation. Struggling to process what he said, I look around, gasping when I noticed other forms all around.

"Christ." I mutter.

All of a sudden, a single light comes on in the centre of the room, nearly blinding me after being used to darkness for so long. As I get accustomed to the light, I look around, shocked at what I see.

Altogether there must be 40 or 50 of us in the room. As if on cue, we stand up, glancing around us.

"Fancy seeing you here." An oddly familiar voice says. I turn around, glaring at who I see.

"Hey man what-"

"Are you doing here." I say cutting Devon. Before me was Xander, the arrogant Casanova who just happens to go to the same college as us, and Devon's best friend. And a total asshole. He's always teasing me and calling me names, making fun of me every chance he gets. Worst part is Devon doesn't mind, he thinks he's trying to play.

Yeah right.

Xander turns to me as a smirk appears on his lips. "Hello Tiger." Well that's a new one.

"My name is Genesis." I growl.

"Okay Tiger, easy there." He says raising his hands and defense. I huff in frustration while Devon just gives Xander a knowing look.

"Oh my gosh Xander!" A shrill voice squeaks and I facepalm.

"Eff my life." I groan out. As expected, a beach blonde haired girl trotted over, latching onto Xander's arm.

"Megan." I spit.

"Trash." She spits back. Megan is beautiful, her father is one of the most successful politicians in the country and she looks like a runway model.

But that doesn't make up for her character.

She's hated me since eighth grade. Ever since our classmates voted me over her for prettiest girl in our grade (which was totally irrelevant by the way) she's hated my guts. I refused to believe she was a devil like most other people but I was proved wrong when she released her inner mean girl. And ever since my parents died she's used it as her new jokes set.

So annoying.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Xander. He shrugs.

"Was going to the mall, someone knocked me over the head and brought me here."

"And I was following Xand!" Megan screeched.

"I never asked yo-"

"Thought you guys broke up?" Scott asked confused, cutting me off. I send the glare his way.

"I know, that was just a misunderstanding, he didn't mean it." She purrs, batting her eyelashes at him.

"Sure, because it was a misunderstanding to break up with you nine different times." I drawl.

"What's the matter Tiger?" Xander smirks.

"Nothing. I'm perfectly fine, I'm just irritated by your presence." I say. He frowns.