Three

"Are you the definition of insanity?" ~Finneas.

After catching our breath, I and Xander got up. Then Devon addressed us.

"We need to move, we can't stay here, you heard it, the thing is going to kill us. The least we can do is not be sitting ducks." He says.

"That's right, we need to keep moving." Scott agreed.

And the fear of the unknown was enough to pump our legs and move us away from that spot. The place is dark, except for the eerie looking light hanging in the middle of the ceiling that looks like it's falling apart. I, however, moved on my own. I never liked group projects, and this seemed like one big, cynical,deadly group project to me.

Pulling away from the group, I began the observe the area around us.

There's no way out.

I realised that when I looked around. This thing is really trying to kill us.

Trying to calm my racing heartbeat, I willed myself to stay focused on the present: keep moving. Don't stop.

Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me and I was certain that they were following me because the didn't leave. Without turning around, I already knew who it was.

"Go away." I said without a single glance behind me.

"Don't be like that Tiger, you looked lonely, just came to keep you company." Xander said as he stepped beside me, raising his hands in mock defense.

"Well don't. I prefer to be alone." I growled.

"Isn't it lovely all alone? Heart made of glass, my mind of stone." He sang.

I don't know what shocked me more, the fact that he knew the song, or the fact that his voice was amazing. Arguably one of the best I've heard.

Turning to him in shock and surprise I spoke. "You can sing? You know the song?" He grinned.

"Billie and Finneas O'Connel will always be among my favourites. And yeah, I can sing, otherwise would be a waste of time." He said. I thought for a moment, trying to ignore the fact that he also liked two of my favourite singers.

"You're a music major? I didn't know that."

"There are a lot of things you don't know about me Tiger, but we could always get know know each other, closer, intimately, I bet you have a lovely purr." He said, whispering the last part in my ear.

I'd be lying if I said that a shiver didn't roll down my spine.

Instead, I growled, pushing him away. "Just when I think that you're nice, you go back to being a dick."

"Hmm, yes, I do have one, wanna see?" He asked, his eyes glinting mischievously.

"Hell no, I'd rather choke on knives."

"Or something else..." He wriggled his eyebrows. I really began to choke this time.

"You're so dirty minded." I said with a glare.

"It's not like you're a saint anyway." He retorted, sending me a knowing look.

"Whatever." I huffed.

"You know most girls will kill to be in your position, in any position with me." He said with a wink. I groaned internally.

"Me too, I'd kill myself."

"Come on Tiger, that's a bit too harsh."

"Xander, we're all gonna die, this creature, whatever it is, is going to kill us all." I said gravely causing him to sigh and look down.