vi. the bet

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰!
act one, chapter six
" 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕 "

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰!act one, chapter six" 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕 "

𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

          "𝑴𝑪𝑮𝑶𝑵𝑨𝑮𝑨𝑳𝑳 𝑪𝑶𝑼𝑳𝑫 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬 𝑯𝑰𝑴 𝑨𝑵𝒀 𝑫𝑨𝒀."

         Theodore isn't quite so sure how they got on the topic of their professors competing in a boxing tournament, but he can't exactly think of a better way to spend his evening, post-Quidditch practice.

          "She'd smoke Dumbledore easy," Blaise agreed, scoffing at the absurd thought that their headmaster could beat the Transfiguration Professor in a boxing ring.

          They all watched as the stone wall slid to the side, just as it always did, granting them access to the Slytherin common room, their Quidditch robes now slung over their shoulders and arms.

          Wiping the sweat from his forehead, Theo was first to throw himself onto one of the leather sofas over by the fireplace, disrupting the two girls already seated ─ a one Daphne Greengrass and Pansy Parkinson. The black-haired girl had previously been reading peacefully before the rowdy team entered her and the blonde's world of tranquillity ─ they subsequently, crushed it.

          Draco perched on the arm of the sofa opposite Pansy, snatching the open book from her hands upon reading the word Astronomy on the front cover.

          With his brows furrowed, Draco flicked through the pages, eventually coming to the blurb on the back, while Pansy folded her arms and slid further into the leather cushions.

          "I don't remember Sinistra setting us this?" Draco queried.

          Pansy smiled sarcastically at Draco's assumption that it would never be the truth that Pansy was doing extra reading. "She didn't."

         Draco raised his brows, before dropping the closed book onto her lap. "Neek."

          "Prick."

          Theo had never considered Pansy to be a neek. He had certainly considered Draco to be a prick, but Pansy? He had hardly ever put any thought into it. Come to think of it, Theo doesn't think he knows a single thing about any one of his friends. Not their birthdays, not the subjects they take.

          Theo doesn't pay much attention because from the minute his dad outlined the friends he was supposed to make on his first day at Hogwarts, Theo knew from then on that they'd be insufferable. Now, they're not that bad, in fact, he's become quite fond of all of them over the past six years, it's just that his controlling father orchestrated his friendship group before he even set foot on the Hogwarts grounds. And that just set Theo off with every intent to not stay friends with them once he had left. Arranged friends had always held Theo back from liking them to his full potential.