viii. theodore nott, famed actor and extraordinaire

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰!
act one, chapter eight
" 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒐𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒕, 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓
𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒆 "

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰!act one, chapter eight" 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒐𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒕, 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒆 "

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

"𝑰 𝑪𝑨𝑵𝑵𝑶𝑻 𝑭𝑼𝑪𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑩𝑬𝑳𝑰𝑬𝑽𝑬 𝑰𝑻."

"Not going to lie," Theodore replied, "neither can I."

It had been a mere twenty-four hours since Theodore Nott surprised the members of the drama club with his shockingly good audition for this year's performance of Romeo and Juliet. Not only were people astounded that he had it in him ─ the same boy whose entire personality is built around his popularity and Quidditch ─ but people were also suddenly very excited by the prospects of having a fresh new face as the leading male in their production. He could make the play a very good one it seemed.

But of course, as with everything else, there was one person who did not share the same excitement: Wyatt Buckley still wanted to pull her hair out twenty-four hours later and it wasn't until her two friends, Teddy and Rudy, nursed her back to a sane state with a cup of hot chocolate that she actually came to terms with the very real possibility that Theodore Nott could score a named role in her production. She had to repeat his promise that he would drop out if that happened over and over in her head just so she could get to sleep that night.

It was all rather dramatic.

But another person that was astonished by Theodore's audition ─ and slightly appalled at that ─ was Draco Malfoy, who now owed his friend ten galleons.

"So, be honest," Draco drawled from where he was shrugging on his Quidditch uniform from the changing room located near the practice pitch, "how much did you get laughed at?"

Theo had to swallow very quickly to stop himself from coughing up the water that had just trickled into his mouth. Draco wasn't allowed to see his smirk. Instead, he bowed his head low, his foot up on the bench where he began tying his shoelace very slowly.

"Oh, tonnes," Theodore lied. Some way or another, Draco would find out that Theo had a natural knack for acting, but now was not that time. "I think I may have physically offended Flitwick and everything he stands for."

There was a chorus of cackling laughter from the boys in the changing room, all losing their black robes for solid green ones as the clock ticked into their session time.