Think

*Victoria's POV* (switching it up a bit)

"How about you take a nap princess. Your pretty eyes look sleepy,"' I suggested to her. I looked over at Diego to see him still staring at the monkey instead of paying attention.

"But i'm not tired," Autumn whined meanwhile trying to hold in a yawn. I sighed at her response.

"Alright then. How about you look through these papers and-" I was cut off

"Good night then," she muttered as she went into her little room and shut the door behind her. I took the drawing and put it in one of my folders so he'd pay attention.

"Don't you think we should get a contract for her so that way everything is not cluttered, how many days has it been since she's been here?" I questioned.

"I don't even know. What I do know is that I'm cold because you keep that damn thermostat so low," He complained. I rolled my eyes.

"I"m not going to argue with you about this," I whispered underneath my breath.

"Anyways mi amor, my cousin planned her wedding and it's next month but that means we have to fly to Egypt for it so we are taking Autumn, yes?" Diego asked.

"So it's one of your 3rd cousins I'm assuming since some live there," I mumbled. "It wouldn't feel right taking Autumn. I feel as if we're pushing her," I frowned.

"Yes, It's Asenath. I do agree but I don't feel comfortable leaving her here," He stated.

"We will figure out later," I sighed.

Hours went on. Autumn was clearly tired but I didn't mind. She eventually went home. Finally we left the building around a quarter till 10. We both got into our car and went home. I unlocked my front door just for one of my cats to run out.

"Rosalia get back in here," I commanded. Rosalia ran underneath the house where she decided once to practically dig. I looked at Diego with wide eyes.

"I didn't do it. I don't even like cats so it wasn't my decision to get the cat in the first place, so no I will most certainly not get that cat. You get it," He whined.

"I didn't ask you to though, Did I? No, I didn't. Go make dinner, I'll get the cat. Don't burn anything," I sighed as I rolled my eyes. I took of my heels and put them on the porch so I wouldn't get them dirty. I tip toed to where she was. I was trying to avoid her hearing me walk over. I crouched down to see her standing behind a little piece of paper. 

"Rosilia, come here to mommy. You can't be out here," I whispered. She stared at me as if she didn't hear what I said.

"Cats don't talk," Diego said. I turned around to see him holding a flashlight.

"You are supposed to be making dinner," I mumbled.

"I am, It's in the oven. We're having frozen pizza," He smiled. He turned on the flashlight and shined it on my shirt. Rosilia ran out of her spot and tried jumping on me.

"Turn that off," I growled as I held her so she didn't tear my shirt. I reached for the paper and grabbed it. 

To the Hornsby residents,

                                                       I see you, and I hear you.

"How nice of them," Diego murmured  as he ripped it up. "Probably just another cult or something. I don't know and I don't care," He sassed. "Or maybe a 10 year old?" He questioned.

"I wonder how long ago that was wrote if it was under there," I yawned. I went inside and waited for the pizza to be done. Rosalia was feeding her cats and Diego was watching something that has to do with crime. No idea why he decided to go in to the business industry which he hates instead of doing something that he would enjoy like an FBI agent. He's good at that stuff. 

"How should we take things with Autumn? It seems kind of off of what we were expecting it to be," I asked him.

"Make a schedule," He mumbled. 

"Do you think it would be better if I quit work so I could spend more time with her? Or we lie and say one of us weren't able to attend meetings cause we need to pay attention to her?"

"What about my relationship with her though? You aren't quitting so you can be the favorite. Wait, only one of us has to attend. I can probably get someone else to cover for the other person. We are going to switch who it is each time," He said.

"That's kind of what I just said," I coughed.

"Autumn will get me first. Kristen will cover for me and I'll get Alex to cover for you," He smirked. The timer went off. He got up to go get the pizza for once instead of me. 

"It's done" He shouted. I walked in to the kitchen to get some. He cooked Pepperoni pizza which is disgusting. I sat across from him at the table. I took a bite and it was spicy. I spat it out.

"What seasoning did you put on it?" I asked.

"Just tajin and hot sauce? It's not spicy, I thought you liked it," He frowned. 

"How much?" I yelped

"As much as I wanted," He chuckled. I looked at the bottles and they were almost halfway empty.

"It's disgusting you used that much. Some is understanding but you drenched it in hot sauce and tajin has peppers in it," I murmured.  

"Then it cleared your sinuses, hallelujah!" He laughed.

"You think your so funny until I throw it all away," I frowned. 

"Tell that to mi mama," He sighed. "This is what you get for making me eat dry chicken," He mumbled

"I'm going to go get a shower. Put the pizza away and I'll put a pillow and blanket out here for you," I said and walked away.

"What do you mean your going to put a pillow and blanket out here?" He asked. Just as I was going to get a shower there was a sound of broken glass on the 2nd floor.

"Did you hear that?" I whispered to Diego. He slightly nodded. He carefully got up from his chair and motioned me to go in to the room as he grabbed a butter knife and followed me. 

"Get in the closet and I'll get under the bed," He whispered.

"What is a butter knife going to do?" I asked.

"Just do what I said please," He begged.