Comfort

Surprise, another update in the same day.

*Diego's P.O.V.*

The next morning was upsetting. Not only was I told that we were out of milk but that thing stole my muffins. It was a lovely way to start the day. Then when I was driving to work I remembered that I had forgotten Victoria 10 minutes later.

"Why can't she drive herself to work?" I whispered. It was pouring rain outside. When I pulled up to the house she was standing in it. She wants to say I'm bit the brightest maybe she should zoom in back to her consciousness and see that she's standing in literal rain.

She of course stomped up to the car. After she got in she slammed the door.

"I don't understand how you'd forget me," she frowned.

"I don't understand why you are allergic to going inside when it's raining. Now that carseat is drenched," I sighed. "Can we not argue today? I have some thinking to do and when Autumn moves in we can't argue in front of her," I stated.

"I'd never argue in front of my little girl. I just suggest you don't forget me next time. Yes? okay great," she said.

Once we got to the building I decided to be nice and open Victoria's door for her as an apology or whatever it is. The reason is petty.

"Thank you," she laughed. How I missed before we were married. Not for the wrong reasons, just seemed more happy back then and careful about each other.

We got upstairs and waited for Autumn. There wasn't much to do today. Just paperwork and waiting for phone calls.

"Hey, Autumn kind of has to bring Steven here today. He won't stop saying he's going to rob a Wal-Mart and he said that he was going to run away yesterday which he did. I don't think she trusts him," she said

"Why does she even have him. Actually how much longer does she have him if it's that situation?" I questioned.

"I don't know, I didn't ask her. We could ask her but i'd rather not. It's none of our business," she smiled.

"I'm sorry but I dislike him. I don't feel positive around him. I can't describe how I feel about him but it's not a good feeling. It feels creeky," I said.

"Creaky?" She repeated.

"Yes, creaky. Something doesn't feel or seem right about him," I sighed at her.

"Anyways, what are you gonna talk about with Autumn?" She asked.

"Whatever comes to mind I suppose. Maybe will you move in with us since your apartment looks like-"

"No, be nice about it. Maybe something is bothering her," she suggested.

"Or maybe it's William Joan Wendy?" I added. " I hope he leaves within the next few days. Autumn doesn't need to be stressed out even once about him," I mumbled.

"Well yes, I agree but what if it's permanent?" She asked me.

"A babysitter would do just fine then," I smiled at her. Autumn walked in with her nephew who gilding his hand across the wall. Her hands were full of stuff.

"Where can I put all of this?" Autumn asked.

"What is it for? And I guess just put it on my desk," I asked.

"Steven," she whispered.

"I'll call Kristen to come get this stuff and him," I said as I made eye contact with Steven. I picked up the phone and dialed the number without breaking eye contact.

"Hey Kristen, can you do me a favor? Thanks, I need you to come get Autumn's Nephew and some of his stuff? Thank you," I muttered.

"Why is he staring at me?" Steven whined.

"You stared at me first," I growled.

"Steven stop it, I'm already overwhelmed with you. You need to grow up and stop acting like a 6 year old," Autumn cried. There was a knock on the door. The door opened andnit was luckily Kristen. She quickly gathered his stuff.

"Steven, hi come with me," Kristen smiled. Before he left the room I seen one of his fingers go up. I shook it off.

"Autumn sit down please," I gently spoke. She slowly sat down

"Am I in trouble? I'm sorry, I'm sure this is about yesterday and I should've been more careful about what he was doing. I just took my eyes of him for one minute and he was gone,"

"Autumn it's not about that-" I tried saying but she spoke over me

"I'm just still stressed over the fact that I wasn't given a heads up about him staying with me. I know it's been a few days he's been with me but I wasn't prepared dir this in anyway," she cried.

"Autumn it's not about that. Calm down sweetheart," I whispered to her as I got up to comfort her.

I crouched down to her and put my hands on her knees.

"Shhh, you're okay. You're just over thinking things and I understand that. I just need you to calm down for me for a minute, alright?" I said as I reached out to grab her. She gave in. I carried her to my seat. Victoria walked over to us and started kissing her forehead. I was rubbing on Autumn's back.

"Mhm" Autumn started to hum

"Yes?" Victoria asked.

"Mhmmm," she started to sound out again.

"Aww, I think someone's a baby," Victoria whispered.

"Shhh I sleepy," Autumn whined.

"Take a nap then, pretty girl," I said.

"Okay just don't put me down please. Nighty night," she yawned.

"Night night baby," Victoria said as she kissed her cheek. Autumn then feel asleep.

'Way to get to the point,' I thought to myself.

"I guess we'll just have to talk to her about it when she wakes up. You also have to be careful with what you do know since she wants to nap on you," Victoria said.

"Really? I didn't think of either of those things. Victoria you're so smart!" I sarcastically mumbled.

"I'm sure you didn't," Victoria giggled.