Unintentional regret

*Autumn's P.O.V.*

I heard typing along with feeling something on my back. I slowly opened my eyes and attempted to lift my head up. My head bumped into someone's jaw. I quickly froze. I waited for them to say something. A few minutes passed and I heard nothing from them.

"Oh... I'm sorry for hitting your jaw. I mean bumping in-" I mumbled before getting cut off.They placed their finger on my lips to shush me. I was turned around from their lap so I could face what seemed to be Mr. Hornsby's office. I gasped and widened my eyes. I looked to the left side and seen him writing something down. I turned my head around and seen Mrs. Hornsby.

I quickly stood up and walked towards the door. I smiled at both of them waiting for them to speak up if they needed anything. Mrs. Hornsby furrowed her eyebrows at me. Mr. Hornsby placed his hand on the side of his face and looked up at me. I took a deep breath.

"I suppose if you all don't need anything I'll be heading back to my office," I sighed. Mrs. Hornsby shook her head and gestured for me to come towards her. I slowly walked to the middle of the room. She raised both of her eyebrows in response. I smiled and slowly backed up to the door. Mrs. Hornsby got up from her chair and started to come near me. I opened the door and walked right across to the elevator.

I pressed the button impatiently waiting for the doors to close. I tapped my foot thinking all about what happened. I slipped in front of my bosses. I can kissed this goodbye. The doors started to close but just as it was almost shut someone put there hands in the middle of it and pushed them open. I looked somewhere else to avoid eye contact.

"Is something bothering you?" She asked. I pressed the button again and stayed silent. She looked at me, waiting for an answer. The elevator doors shut again and it started to go down. She walked over and pressed a button, making the elevator stop. She stood right in front of it to guard me from attempting to make it started again.

"Were you planning on answering my question Miss Anstington?" She asked with a frown. I crossed my arms and shook my head. "Look at me and use your words," she demanded. I looked at her and shook my head. "Words not gestures," she stated. I frowned and sighed. I didn't want to talk.

"Why should I have to?" I asked while dusting my shirt off. Mrs. Hornsby started to tap her foot along the tiles of the elevator.

"We are judging you on your attitude along with your performance. I tell you to do something, you do it. Answer my question since I answered yours," She demanded once again.

"No, I wasn't planning on answering your question because... because..." I tried thinking of a word.

"Because what?" She asked with a fake smile plastered on her face. "Is it because what happened in the office?" She whispered. I slid my back against the elevator walls and sat down while nodding my head.

"Oh darling, that's nothing to be embarrassed about. I don't mind neither does my husband. You're quite cute," She smiled. I looked up at her with confusion.

"But that would make my performance rate go down," I mumered. She shook her head and sat down next to me. "I've always wanted to work here," I added.

"I'm supposed to be helping you and guiding you anyways through this. We were just seeing what you could do. It won't make your performance rate go down. At least not by much if so," She explained as she put her arm around me. I layed on her shoulder.

"Why did you all choose me?" I quietly asked. She smiled at me and played with my hair.

"How many reasons do you want?" She asked. I shrugged, unsure of how many there is. "I'll give you a few but I'm not saying you will agree with them. Your special, you seem interesting, and everything in your file makes it seem like if you are really passionate about something, you'd do whatever it takes to find out more until you get there. That's what we were looking for. You graduated high school at sixteen and that's a huge accomplishment clearly you were interested in learning," she explained. I suppose she was right.

"I guess but none of that matters. Everyone acts like that," I frowned. She shook her head.

"Not everyone is passionate about what they do. Yes everyone has one but it doesn't always mean they are doing what they need to do to succeed in that. You'd be surprised with how many people I've came across that aren't willing to do what it takes to do what they want to. Now if this is your dream job, you're on the right track. You don't come across people who want to do what it takes even if it just means thinking of ideas in their free time, you know? You stood out with everything you've done to me," she stated.

"That was a long speech that I didn't pay attention to. It's marvelous," I said with sarcasism. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"That wasn't a speech it was an explanation and the fact that you admitted that is quite rude," she said. I shrugged it off. "Do you have a caregiver, Autumn?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, I don't talk to people normally. I don't have a good experience with people," I mumbled.

"Would you like to become my husband and I's little?" She asked. I smiled and nodded my head in excitement earning a small laugh from her.