3

Adora thanked Bow for the ride and said her goodbyes as she waited for Glimmer to exit the passenger seat. Finally, the day had come to an end. It was difficult to avoid Catra. She only had two classes with her, but they do see each other in the hallways, luckily it was a Friday she didn't have to see her until Monday.

"All right, Adora, let's go." Glimmer says as she walks up to her front porch, Adora close behind. Glimmer knocked on the door with a steady rhythm. They waited a few moments for the door to open.

"Oh! Hello girls! How was school?" Angella greeted the two. "Hi mom, anyway school was great bla bla bla." Glimmer grabbed Adora arm. "Hello, mrs Angella." Adora quickly greeted as they went past her.

Glimmer led Adora into her room. She sighed as she shut the door. "Is there a problem, Glimmer?" Adora questioned, perplexed by her behavior. "No, it's not me; it's you. Are you alright?" Looking up at her, Glimmer Asked concerned. Adora froze for a few seconds. "Me... me.? Pfft I'm alright."

Glimmer glared at her. "Adora, I know when your okay and not. I'm your best friend. Just tell me what's on your mind."

Adora rubbed her neck, unable to take her mind off Catra. "It's nothing, honesty... maybe the English test, because we have to write an 5 paragraph essay and all." Adora removed her backpack and placed it next to Glimmer's twin bed. She took out her laptop and flipped it open. She unlocked it and began to open documents.

"Right.. the English test.. don't worry about it, we still have 5 days." Glimmer remained.
She placed her bag on her bed and took out her laptop. "Anyway, Bow and I have been working on this history project." She indicated at the screen. "We're almost done with it, and honestly.. I'm very proud of this. It turned out amazing!"

"You and Bow seem to work really great together." Adora comments examining their project. Glimmer blushed slightly, "Really?"
Adora looked at the girl, and smirked, "You like him, don't you?" She teased.

Glimmer playfully pushed Adora, "Whatever.. he is great.." Adora watched as the girl Sighed. "Enough talking about Bow and I. You missy, have been acting strange around Catra." Adora froze at the name, "uh, eh what?"

"Did she hurt you in any way?" Glimmer inquired, concerned. "I'm willing to fight with her if you want me to."she added, Adora gave her a puzzled look. "What no! She did nothing to me!"

"Than what was that at lunch? You were laying eyes at her like she did something. Don't act like I didn't notice." Glimmer exclaimed as she crossed her arms. "But like laying eyes at her like your scared of her or something." She added.

Adora mouth was suddenly dry, she didn't know what to say back. Glimmer raised a brow, "See something did happen. Good thing we're having a party tomorrow. She'll probably be there."

"A party?" Adora asked, finally finding her voice. "You didn't hear seriously?" Glimmer laughed "We were talking about that at lunch. We're having it at Mermista place. She just got a ping pong table, that's why I told her I was gonna beat her."

"Oh." Adora felt embarrassed, "I'll have to ask my parents first.. it's not a drinking Party, right?" Her parents were strict when it came to parties. "Of course there's drinking, Adora. Your 18. You are free to drink, but you are not required to." Glimmer clarified while shutting down her laptop.

"But, if I say drinking.."

"You don't have to." Glimmer cut her off, "Just say a party." She explains. Adora had considered it. Maybe, but Catra could be there. Catra. She began to feel uneasy. Perhaps she can try to avoid her. "Please, adora, you have to come! We'll all be there, and we can't have a friend group unless you're there!" Glimmer begged.

Adora sighed in defeat, "Fine..."
Glimmer smiled gleefully and hugged her.
____

Adora had just arrived at her house and had knocked three times. The door finally opened after a few seconds. "Hi mom, I'm back from Glimmer's" Her mother moved to the side to allow Adora to pass. "Hello sweetie, how was it?" She asked. "It was okay, she helped me a lot." Adora said as she removed her shoes.

"That's great to hear!" Her mother helped her remove her jacket. Than the conversation that Glimmer and Adora had gotten back to her head. "Oh also.. can I ask you something?"

"Of course, what is it?" her mother asked. "Well, my friends are having a party tomorrow... and I was wondering if I could go," Adora said to her mother. There's no going back now.

"It's not a drinking party is it?"

"Uh.. of course not?" She lied.

"Than fine, you can go. Just come back before midnight."

"Yes, mother."

Adora entered her room and laid on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She took a few deep breaths. She had already changed out of her clothes when she heard a buzz somewhere.

She looked for her phone and found it in her bag. It was a text message from Glimmer.

8:45pm | Glimmer: How did it go??

Adora sighed and began to reply,

8:46pm | Adora: She said yes. I also had to lie! And I haven't done that in like months!

8:46pm | Glimmer: That's amazing! Anyway Party starts at 5 tomorrow. Are you gonna drive there or do you want Bow to pick you up?

8:47pm | Adora: I can drive there. It's not like I'm gonna drink.

8:47pm | Glimmer: alright, sounds good! See you tomorrow! Goodnight.

8:48pm | Adora: Goodnight, sweet dreams.

_____

A party? Hmm let's see where this goes
I hope y'all are enjoying this! This was honestly a random idea xD