Chapter 2: Store

Shelby was just making her way out of the store to The Safe Place, with her close friends, Zizzy and Pony. They needed batteries for their redord player. They couldn't wait to meet survivors. When they got to The Safe Place, they saw all their other friends, George, Zee, Zuzy, Mimi, and Giraffy. Mimi jumped with excitment when she saw Shelby, Pony, and Zizzy back.

Mimi: Aha, look who's back! I told you they'd be back before noon, Giraffy!

Giraffy: A deal's a deal. Great, now I have to cook for the rest of the week...

Shelby: We've got the batteries! Is the radio ready?

Mimi: It sure is! Let's get this thing working!

Mimi put the batteries in the record player, and stood by it and listened closely.

Mimi: Here goes nothing...Hello? Can anyone hear me?

Giraffy: Are you sure it's working?

Zee peeked out for behind the room to see what was going on. Then, the radio started talking,

???: ...Greatings, we can hear you. This is Settlement Six speaking. Who is this?

Mimi: Oh! This is The Safe Place! How can I help?

???: ...We are looking for communities to trade with. We'd like to meet up.

Mimi: Where should we go to find you?

???: ...Meet us at The Old Oak.

Giraffy: It looks like we lost their signal.

Mimi: We should meet them. We've been living together for months without seeing another survivor.

Pony wasn't sure about the idea, he knows he was taught to never talk to strangers.

Pony: I don't think this is a good idea. We don't know anything about them...

Giraffy: Is this another one of your jokes, Pony?

Pony shook his head, "no."

Pony: No, Giraffy, I mean it. We have no idea who these people are, and I don't have any reason to trust them.

Zizzy: I agree. I don't think we should trust them. But, I still think we should check it out.

Pony jumped and exclaimed,

Pony: What?! You can't you can't go, Zizzy. We don't know who these people are.

Pony put his hand on his head, he was in a lot of pressure right now. Zizzy put her hand on Pony's shoulder.

Zizzy: Pony, we know how to handle ourselves out there. If we get into trouble, we know how to get out of it.

Shelby: Zizzy has a point. After all, you two fought an army of infected all by yourselves at the plant.

Pony took a deep breath, and spoke.

Pony: I suppose so...I don't feel right about this, but I guess we should try anyways.

Zizzy: Then it's time to see some new faces! Who is staying?

Giraffy: I need to stay. I need to harvest as much as I can before winter comes.

Mimi: I'm going to try and see if I can learn more about this radio.

Zizzy: Then it looks like it's us three once more!

Shelby: Let's go meet some survivors!

The three made their way to The Old Oak. They waited for the others to meet them.

Pony: Are you sure this is the place? We haven't seen anyone.

Then, they showed up, the three turned to face the survivors.

???: Well, well, well...Look at these familiar faces!

Then, the survivors turned out to be Willow and four other faces!

Pony: Oh no.

Willow walked over to Pony, she didn't seem that happy.

Willow: Pony, the ex-member. It's a shame you left us.

Willow: You were a very good friend. It's too bad you are nothing to me now.

Willow walked over to Shelby to accuse her next. Shelby's face started to sweat.

Willow: Shelby, the officer who took me away from my family.

Willow: Must've felt good to rip me from the ones I cared about, right?

Shelby didn't say a word. Willow walked over to Zizzy, and started talking.

Willow: And who might you be? You are certainly someone I've never seen before.

Zizzy: You may not know me, but I know everything about you and your sick crew.

Willow: Is that so? I suppose Pony told you a lot about us, didn't he, sweetheart?

Willow: That was one of his many flaws, heh. He could never keep his mouth shut.

Willow: Hmm, what to do, what to do...?

Willow lit up when she had an idea. She wasn't afraid to share with her members.

Willow: Ooh, I know! Take the zebra with us. Leave the two to rot.

Willow grabbed Zizzy's arm, Pony sprinted to Willow, he was getting angry with her.

Pony: No, leave her alone!

Willow pulled out a revolver, she threatened him.

Willow: Whoa, woah, whoa! Hold your horses! I don't wanna hurt anyone.

Willow: I'm just taking her for questioning, that's all.

Zizzy: It's okay, Pony. I'll stay safe and come back, I promise.

Willow: See? She understands! Now, let's get out of here.

Willow walked away, Zizzy looked back at Pony, and gve him a sad smile.

Pony: Zizzy...

Pony: They're The Silver Paw. When the infection broke out, I needed to find a group.

Pony: Unforunately, I was stuck with them. They did awful things, but I was too scared to leave.

Shelby: What made you leave them?

Pony: That's a story for another time. We need to go save Zizzy before we're too late.

Shelby: Shouldn't we tell the others?

Pony: There's no time, Shelby. I need you now. I can't do this alone.

Shelby nodded, she missed Zizzy as much as he did.

Shelby: Alright, let's follow them.

Shelby and Pony started walking after them. They were going to save Zizzy, they weren't leaving until they had Zizzy with them.