Chapter 9

Very close to Vrindavan Kans has his favourite wine orchard that is guarded by the deadly evil demon Dhenukasura.  For any trespasser he is a face of death. Even demigod Indra was no match to his uncontrolled powers. Having lost their cattle and lured by the fragrance of the tal fruit from the orchard, Lord Krishna, Lord Balram and their friends ventured inside. Dhenukasura faced them with his ferocity as Lord Krishna and Balram challenged his might. A colossal fight followed. Balram as the greatest wrestler of Vrindavan slayed Dhenukasura while Lord Krishna with His heroic valour overpowered the rest of the demon. Vrindavan rejoiced once again as Lord Krishna emerged as the true savior, the immortal legendary character, the warrior and the dearest of Vrindavan.
     Lord Krishna said to Arjun," A person who is self realised is beyond hankering and lamentation. Misery and material joy cannot affect him. Those beings are considered established in knowledge who have subdued their senses and who have restrained the mind from anger, lust, greed and attachment. How does a person reach such a state? That person is established in perfect knowledge who subdues his senses and keeps his mind ever absorbed in Me and is free from anger, fear and desire. When the soul experiences the higher bliss of God, the soul will be naturally detached from the lower bliss of material world. When a person is attached to God, he will develop a desire for God and his desires are more intense. That desire for God will not dirty the mind, it will purify the mind because the object of desire is all pure. To desire is not wrong, desire is the quality of the soul. The only thing is what to desire. So that is where intellect and discrimination comes into picture, when we desire for God our mind gets purified and we will be enlightened. The enlightened sage will be such; when there is cause for attachment, anger, fear and envy yet the sage remains dispassionate from it. It is not that the enlightened person is not mistreated but an enlightened person has a different attitude towards it. The enlightened person is not dependent on external circumstances. He is the controller of his own mind."
    How can we grow our spirituality? The most important thing is implimentation. We should implement what we have learnt. The main problem is we reduce the gap between knowing and doing. Good ideas are useless until they're implemented. Only one piece of knowledge, if we truly translate it into action in our lives that knowledge can completely transform our lives. That is the power of knowledge when it is translated into action. We have received all wonderful knowledge, the next thing is to put it into action. How can we bridge this gap between knowing and doing? Only through practice  we  can be the master, whether it is the material realm or the spiritual realm.
   Arjun asked Lord Krishna," One's mind is so important that they are what their mind is and even success in spiritual life is  dependant on the mastery of the mind alone. So how should I master my mind? To me it seems the most difficult." Lord Krishna replied," Mastery of your mind will come through constant practice and that is most important for our spiritual progress. So spiritual attainment, divine love can only be possible through practicing this knowledge and gradually one will be expert in it."
    Jigyansu is contented only by listening, but  Pippasu is not contented by knowing, Pipppasu has thirst for God. He wants to experience God, wants to experience the spiritual truths in life. So Pippasu wants to go one step beyond knowledge but Jigyansu listens to the knowledge and is contented in it. The hunger for God awakens within Pippasu. Unless the soul wishes to do something, even God cannot help. So this is the choice that we make. We should think that what is the meaning of life to us? Is it enough to be knowledgeable or do I need to become pure myself? As some scriptures said that the soul is not to be satisfied by words but a holy life is a continual feast
or the kingdom of God is not in words. In the spiritual realm words don't have importance, it is our thoughts, our beliefs, our actions that speak much more than words.