Part one

Me and Anne are sitting on the train with lady who is taking us to our new family. However this time it's not to be used for labour but they actually want to adopt us, from what we were told they are siblings called Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert. We were told they especially asked for two girls around our age. Not to mention I think the Matron was glad to be rid of the both of us. (Outfit above.) On the way over Anne didn't stop talking and while I patiently listened only sometimes zoning out, the lady that was with us faked being asleep to get her to shut up. Not that I blame her, I've gotten used to Anne's ramblings, don't get me wrong they can be annoying sometimes but other's it's just nice to see her eyes brighten up with wonder.

We have just gotten off the train and are waiting outside the station on the bench. The man inside offered to let us in but Anne declined saying being out here would be better for the imagination. As we waited I notice her grow quiet and ask, "Anne are you alright." She nods, "I was just thinking, if the Cuthbert's don't come, heaven forbid, we could always sleep in that cherry blossom tree." I squeeze her hand, "they'll come, but hey what if I promise you if they don't we will do just that." Her face brightens, "that sounds splendid." I laugh, "splendid indeed." Just then a man comes round the corner and Anne gets ready to get up however he goes inside and her face falls, "what if no one is coming and this is all some joke." I squeeze her hand, "now that's not the Anne I know, someone will come."

Just then the man walks back out and Anne walks up to him, "I suppose you are Matthew Cuthbert of Green Gables?" She shakes his hand and I give him a smile, "glad to meet you sir." He sends me an awkward but friendly smile as Anne continues to talk, "I was beginning to be afraid you weren't coming and I was imagining all the things that might've prevented you." I nod, "and trust me she has a wild imagination."

Anne continues to ramble as we make our way to the carriage and on the carriage on the way there. Anne then asks, "am I talking too much? People are always telling me that I do, and it seems to cause aggravation. Would you rather I didn't talk? If you say so, I'll stop. I can stop when I make up my mind to, although it's difficult." He pauses before saying, "I don't mind." I grab her hand, "see told you, your perfect. So you were saying." Her face lights up as she goes on to talk about how exciting big words are and then she stands up on the carriage to look around and both me and Matthew say together, "careful." We both look at each other and smile.

Later on Anne says, "I cannot believe we are to live somewhere so beautiful. Can you?" She turns to me and I reply, "well it is beautiful, like an oil painting come to life." She nods, "exactly, dreams don't often come true, do they? But just now I feel pretty nearly perfectly happy. Although I can't feel exactly perfectly happy because, well... what colour would you call this?" She then points to her hair and he says, "well it's red, isn't it?" I sigh here we go, "now you see why I can't be perfectly happy. Nobody could that has red hair. It's... my life long sorrow. I wish I had beautiful blonde locks like Leora." I shake my head, "your hair is beautiful, like a rose with the warmth of a blazing fire. Right Mr Cuthbert?" He nods and clears his throat, "sounds about right." The rest of the way the two of us just looked around at our surroundings in awe of the beauty. Anne even named a few places for example, the white way of delight, and the lake of shining waters.

We then arrive at the entrance and we both look in wonder, "Green Gables." I smile, "now Anne I think you'll find this place is splendid." She nods, "Oh, yes it is indeed." Matthew helps us down and then I women walks out of the house, "Matthew Cuthbert, who are they? Where are the boys?" Anne's face falls as I take her hand and Matthew says, "there wasn't any boys? There was only them." The women shakes her head, "no boys? But there must have been. We sent word to Mrs Spencer to bring us two boys." Matthew walks to her, "well she didn't, she brought them. I asked the stationmaster. I had to bring them home. They couldn't be left there, no matter where the mistake had come in." The women then says, "they have to go back." Anne's eyes start to tear up, "you don't want us. I should have expected it. I might have known nobody would really me." She falls to the ground and I follow her hugging her, "now come on, it's doesn't matter what they think, only what you do. Remember?"

Marilla tries to get us to stand and I look to Matthew, "you should have left us there, we would have been fine, now look at her." Marilla then says, "little girls? Little girls." Anne looks up at her, "I wish we were anything but." Marilla then asks for our names and Anne says, "what does it matter? I won't be here long enough for you to remember." "You will mind you manners, and answer the question." I stand bringing Anne up with me, "my names Leora Miss." She nods and Anne says, "please call me Cordelia." "Call you Cordelia? Is that your name?" Anne then continues, "or Penelope." As she seems to be getting angry I say, "her names Anne." She nods, "Anne is a fine name." Anne then adds on from what I said. "could you please spell it with an E what you speak it?" She nods, "well then, Anne with an E and Leora time to come inside."

Anne tired to convince Miss Cuthbert we could do the farm work and when that didn't work I said, "Anne could you please put our bags to the room." She nods, "sure." Miss Cuthbert tells her where it is and I then say, "what if you let Anne stay." She frowns, "what ever do you mean child I just told you that--" I cut her off, "I know what you told me, and I'm sorry for interrupting but what if you sent me back and sent for a boy to come in my place. Anne could stay here have a life she could never have anywhere else. Please, she should be in school and not used by big families as a free nanny." She shakes her heads, "I'm afraid it just won't do, Now please go and get washed up for supper." I sigh, "yes Miss Cuthbert." After a silent supper we went up to our shared room and went to bed. I hugged her as she cried herself to sleep, this is possibly the worst thing that could have happened today, but I have to be strong for Anne.

  The next morning after Anne tried and failed to convince Miss Cuthbert to let us stay we then set off to go back and before we did Mr Cuthbert said, "girls..." I give him a sharp nod, "goodbye Mr Cuthbert." He sighs, "I said I'd hire a boy in hopes you girls could stay not to rid of you." We both give him a hug, "thank you." Then Marilla starts the carriage and we are off, back to the same old boring life at least we got a glimpse of adventure and pure bliss. 

On the ride Miss Cutherbert had asked how we became orphans and after hearing how Anne became an orphan Miss Cuthbert turns to me, "and you? If you don't mind." I shrug, "it happened when I was five, I was in the town picking up some things for my mother for dinner, I came home to find it on fire, I was told my parents had perished and I was sent to the orphanage after that where I met Anne." Anne nods, "you know I never understood it, if children are such a burden, then why do people have so many of them?  Nevertheless, it's a shame we'll never have the opportunity." She frowns, "what do you mean." I look down, "she means to be one."

Just then a dog scares the horse and Anne falls out of carriage and then shouts to the dog, "no! Go home!" I get down and join her and say firmly, "go home!" The dog then runs off and we check on the horse and Marilla asks, "are you alright?" Anne nods, "I'm fine. It's alright, it's alright Belle." We hand over the now clamed horse and she asks, "Belle?" Anne nods, "that's her name. Wasn't that an adventure?" I smile, "that it was." As we get back on she asks, "you sure your both alright." We nod and she then says, "you were both very level headed." Anne shrugs, "We're used to chaos."

When we get to the ladies house she apologizes for the mistake and let's us knows that her neighbour is looking for two girls to help with her large family. We get there and the kids look sad and the baby is crying. Just like our old place, I really don't want to have to do this again, last time I felt so trapped. The women asks, "how old are you and what are your names." Anne says, "Anne Shirley. I'm just 13." I then says, "Leora Williams, I'm also 13." She looks us up and down, "you don't look as if there's much to you. But you're wiry. The wiry ones are the best after all. If I take you you'll both do as I say and speak when spoken to. I don't suffer no back talk." After seeing how bad this could be for us Marilla changes her mind and let's us go back to Green Gables with her.

We ended up on a week trail and even made a new friend with a girl called Diana Berry. She seems nice and Anne has already deemed her, her bestfriend. Then that same night Miss Cuthbert came into our room and accused us on stealing her expensive brooch. She said if we didn't confess then she would send us away so after consistently telling her the truth that we did not take it she basically forced Anne to say she did leading to us being sent away the next morning.