Part three

It is the day of our first day of school and I am so excited. Since I only had one dress I put that on (outfit above) and saw Anne doing her hair and graded a piece of ribbon I have and pulled my curly hair into a quick half up half down. When I was done Marilla was calling us down so I rushed down, "I'll meet you down there, I am starved." I'm now sat at the table, "good morning. Question, do I look okay? I mean I don't care what these small town snobby rich kids think of me but, do I look okay?" Marilla, "you and Anne are just too vain, you look fine. Now where are your school things?"

Just then Anne comes running down then stops and goes back up. We all smile shaking our heads as then she comes back with both mine and her school things, "there my school stuff is. I was too hungry to care." Don't get me wrong I liked school, and I wasn't far behind unlike Anne, however if I have to be in a classroom full of those idiots from the picnic I might gorge my eyes out, in the most lady like way. They just shake their heads at me and then Anne starts to ramble about being scared for her first day.

Anne had already left and they saw her off when they walk back in Matthew asks, " shouldn't you be off as well?" I frown, "I haven't finished eating yet, I'll need the energy if I am to keep up a fake smile." Marilla sighs, "well aren't we dramatic today. Take your toast to go and leave now, or you'll be late. We don't need you in trouble on your first day now do we?" I sigh, "I guess not." I give them both a hug and leave walking through the forest to get to the school house. When I walk in I see my sister surrounded by girls and a boy barking at her. I sigh and put my hat down and walk over, "oi! leave her alone!" He smirks, "well if it isn't the other talking dog." I roll my eyes, "yeah? Well trust me when I say my bite is way worse then my bark so leave."

The boy rolls his eyes and leaves and Diana turns to me, "oh I'm so glad you made it Leora, this Jane, Josie, Tillie, and Ruby." I nod, "nice to meet you." Jane then says, "sorry about my brother, he's ridiculous. Never let the boys know what they've upset you." The one in pink that I think is called Ruby says, "never let them know what you like them either." Anne nods slowly, "school is a lot to contend with." I shrug and then Josie asks, "have you ever been to a real school, or did they just send you to a special orphan school?" I scoff and Diana interrupts before I can say anything, "come on you two, let's finish the tour. Bring your milk. I'll show you the stream outside."

After putting are milks by the stream I decided to stay there and wait until class started. Diana insisted I join her tour but I informed her I would much rather discover and make my own judgements. Anne says I like to push others away with my stubbornness but it's just who am. The class started with spelling and thank goodness the teacher Mr Phillips seemed to be only calling on the boys. Usual I would call this unfair however I am not the best at spelling that's more of Anne's thing I'm better at maths. It was lunch and Anne opted to sit inside and maybe with the girls if she got an invite. Don't get me wrong, some of the girls seem nice however they seem like the kind of girls that just talk about boys and while I find that fine for them to do so it's not my ideal type of past time.

As lunch ended I walk back into the school house to see Anne all alone, "Anne? Where is Diana?" Her eyes start to water, "I messed up big time." I sit on the floor next to her, "oh, I'm sure it wasn't that bad." She shakes her head, "it was. I told them about men's mouse friends and how Prissy and Mr Phillips were--" She cuts herself off crying as I take her into my arms, "now you listen here, for one I don't believe any of the stuff that women taught us about making babies is true. Now two, you should not be blamed, I'm sure we have been exposed to some things those girls would faint at the thought of. Just don't talk about topics like that even if they bring it up. You young lady are none the wiser. Okay?" She nods, "okay." I wipe her tears away and say, "come on let's go to our desks."

Anne left early with Diana but I soon catch up to her, "hey, where's Diana?" She gives me a small smile, "she went home, also can you not tell the others about today. If anyone asks I had an amazing first day." I nod, "sure, hey wait a minute. Where are all the pretty flowers from your hat." She walks faster and says, "they were childish and lame, I took them out. Now hurry up you don't want to be late." I rush after her, "since when were you the responsible one?"