𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖛𝖎𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖋𝖚𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊

.·:·.✦ 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊 ✦.·:·.
╰ ❝ and if you're in love,
then you are the lucky one
'cause most of us are bitter
over someone,
setting fires to our insides
for fun,
to distract our hearts from
missing them,
but i'm forever missing him

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

the (h/c) girl stood at the edge of the cliff. watching the destruction of kh'aenriah go on, while also awaiting someone elses presence.

she didn't know how to feel. at least, not now. how... how did she become a slave of the divine? of celestia? maybe, if she wasn't so weak that none of this would've happened.

"maybe..." that single word lingered in her mind.

what had happened to the twins? her best friend and the so-called boy that she had a crush on? if celestia managed to capture them, would they tell them both her real identity? her purpose of why she was here in the first place? in fact, did they already know? so many questions yet too little answers.

like on que. the visitor who she was expecting had arrived.

"(y/n)..." his voice was shaking. she didn't dare look at him. which only made him more frustrated.

"(y/n), look at me." aether pleaded. reaching out for her shoulder yet hesitanting. taking a deep breath, she finally faced him.

aether, had tears threatening to fall from his eyes. his vision was blurred, he quickly wiped them away. making eye contact with her. with someone who he called a friend, someone who was sent to spy on him.

"..."

the both of them stood face to face with each other, only a few metres away from each other.

"why..." he asked, still dazed at the sight unfolding behind her. the fire crackled and the landscape crumbled bit by bit. faded out screams of the people were now engraved in his mind.

"why did you do it?" aether asked once again. his hand in a fist. he clutched his hand so tight it turned a pale snow white.

she only looked back at the region that was once known as the pride of humankind, kh'aenriah.

a place where they welcomed her with open arms and treated her with kindness and care.

"...."

"i was simply following orders." she breathed out. her eyes showing no such emotion.

no pain, no hurt, no guilt.