≪•◦ 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 ✦ 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 ◦•≫

( atlantis popped up on my playlist-)

HOLY MTHERFER-

WE
ARE
FINALLY
DONE
!!!

Literally took me a year- but it's better than nothing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I honestly didn't expect such a big reaction to this fanfiction because- i thought it would drown in the shadows of cough cough, xiao and kazuha fanfics cough cough.

but i'm so happy with how it turned out! so as a reward, imma tell you what my original idea for this fanfic was.

- - -

original idea (scrapped)

the start is the same, blah blah blah- aether getting betrayed by the reader and the reader is tryna not to get upset over this decision but kinda has to cause- yk?

the encounter with lumine also stays the same, i added the venti and reader bond moment for the, yk- future events.

originally, the meeting and fight between aether and the reader in the abyss wasn't suppose to happen. the reader was suppose to go to mondstadt disguised as someone else to check on lumine. however i was like, that would really fit with the personality plus i'm sure she has other things to do.

so instead, ba da bing ba da boom- aether vs reader, the build up- more angst- more tears :D

foreshadowing~~~

the rest was suppose to happen so i'll skip to the juicy bit.

venti wasn't suppose to die because of the reader. he was orignally going to save (y/n) from being killed from the unknown god, so he kinda sacrificed himself- and- PLOT TWIST, he gives his REAL gnosis to the reader so she can stand a chance against the unknown god.

and basically, venti gives the reader an anemo vision as well- cause she lost a friend oop-

then the reader disrupts the big fight between the twins and the unknown god. the reader switches to the twin's side last second and they defeat the unknown god.

aether forgives the reader but doesn't fall in love with her.

- - -

so yeah that was the original plan, but i was like, "naw, make this PURELY angsty." so here's the final product.

will i ever make a sequel?
yes.

when?
as far as i know, next year :")

so until then..

thanks for reading "once upon a time'!