𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞 𝖞𝖔𝖚'𝖗𝖊 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖔 𝖘𝖊𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖒𝖔𝖘𝖙

.·:·.✦ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 ✦.·:·.

I stay up all night
Tell myself I'm alright
Baby, you're just harder
to see than most .

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

✰✰✰

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

it was as if her entire life flashed before her eyes as the cool steeled blade collided with hers.

she didn't know what to think of it, because the only reason she had lived was to kill or be killed. she had no intention of continuing on after this fight. so on the battlefield today, this fallen nation, is where she is willing to be the one to take the grand fall- because unlike aether, (y/n) doesn't have anyone else to go home to.

'cause home never existed ever since then.

their blades never managed to pierce the other's skin, not once. the clash of swords rung through and through, none of them bothered to use the gifts or curses they were given.

they created distance between themselves. sweat slightly dripped yet they both weren't tired.

"you're not giving it your all." his voice suddenly spoke out. as he wiped the side of his mouth. looking the girl up and down in suspicion.

"i have no idea what you're talking about." she lied just like before, as if it had become second-nature to her.

his hand clenched into a fist. 'she's lying.' he knew. aether gritted his teeth and looked at her with angered eyes.

"damn it! why-" aether suddenly shouts out, pausing a bit to try regain composure, "-why can't you just be honest for once?"

".... it's-"

"and don't say that it's because it isn't neccesary for me to know." aether interrupted her, letting the strong invunerable facade down for once.

silence engulfed them both. a sudden pause to their battle. they realised something, no one was around to witness this moment. to witness their fight.

so they both let their walls down, their facades faded away as they showed emotions towards each other since forever.

he hesitated, unsure of what to say during this temporary peaceful time between them. since he knew that it wouldn't last forever, and that he still had to get back to fight the unknown god alongside the archons and lumine.

"you're someone who wasn't able to get the help you deserve, i know that now." aether spoke, his voice low yet (y/n) still heard him. he looked down into the burren ground "and i'll never be able to help you after this."

"but.." taking a deep breath, as he was the first to intitate eye contact with her

"let me try to understand you." his words sent a shiver of fear run down her spine, forcing down a gulp of uneasiness.

"let me try to know who the real (y/n) is. is she the girl who i thought i befriended in kh'aenriah? or a foe i have to kill in order to gain peace for this world?" his voice wavered as he asked the question that was on his mind.

was the (y/n) he met in kh'aenriah real or not? was everything between them actually real back then? not like he thought they were?

he had soon began to realise how to tell the thin line between the truth and the lies,- and thinking back to when she had declared that she was only acting as his friend- aether was unsure whether the friend-turned-foe was actually lying. sure, (y/n) did it all because she was following the orders of her master but-