Chapter 2

I'm exhausted this road literally feels like we've been on it for an hour already. We have no phone service. This is beginning to feel like a horrible idea and of course it was mine! "We'll this wasn't your best fucking idea Rachel." Nicole says. "At least someone was actually fucking thinking NICOLE" I said in the most sarcastic voice ever. All of a sudden, a truck starts coming towards us out of nowhere. It was an old pick up truck with a strange man inside. He looked like he hasn't bathed in a month. "You guys a little lost?" He said. "A little meaning a lot, yeah. Our car broke down and we're looking for help. Thought this might be a drive way or a road to something." I said. "It was her stupid ass idea to take us down this long ass road to NOTHING!" Nicole said. Grace and Tory just chuckled annoyingly. Sometimes I really wonder where I pick these great friends. "Actually this is a road to somethin' ! A town called Ambrose. There's a mechanic shop there with a guy named Bo, he could help ya!" He said. "How much further down is this town?" Tory said. "Oh just about two and a half more miles. I could give y'all a lift if ya want." He said. I looked at the truck and there was only room for three people and the pick up had a bunch of blood and a dead deer in the back. How the fuck were we all going to fit. Two were only gonna be able to go and two were gonna have to stay back. Not a good idea but what else are we supposed to do. "Alright. That would much be appreciated. I'm gonna go into town with him who wants to come with me and who wants to stay here?" I said. Literally, they all just looked at me. Meaning no one wanted to go with me. This just keeps getting better. What bunch of fucking bitches. "So yous don't want to go with me? Not even one of yous?" I said. They still all just stared at me. "Fine you know what I'll go by my fucking self with this fucking weird ass stranger! No offense! And if I don't come back in one piece or at all, do not fucking cry at my funeral. Matter a fact after this I don't fuck with you bitches anymore! You got me so heated right now!" I said. Now everyone was just staring at me. I felt legit crazy at this point. "Your gonna come back and get us once you see the mechanic right?" Nicole said. I had to repeat what she said to myself to make sure I heard her right. "Yes Nicole I will make sure I get you and your precious fucking friends back to your shitty ass car! Let's go!" I said as I jumped into this strangers truck. He looked shocked and almost looked like he gave the girls a disappointed look. "My names Lester by the way. And don't worry about me I'm not gonna do nothing to ya. Just trying to help miss." He said. "I'm sorry for calling you weird, I say really mean things sometimes when I get mad. I do appreciate you doing this for me." I said. Lester and I drove in silence for a while. Then he said "Ya know not to offend you miss, but your friends seem to not give a crap about if something was to happen to you." I looked at him and said "obviously they only brought me for one fucking reason. I paid for the tickets and obviously they couldn't go without me to this stupid concert." Lester just looked at me and didn't say anything. It looked like he felt so bad I don't know why because he doesn't even know me. We pulled up to the town and there was a lot of cars lined up on the streets. The town looked really old but looked like there was still a lot of people who lived here. There was a washed out part with rocks that laid in front of his truck to the town. "Let me put my truck in gear and I'll get us over this." Lester said. "Don't worry about it you did enough for me I can walk from here. I see the gas station up there." I said. "Are you sure? I wouldn't mind driving you up there and figure out if I can help out some more." He said. "No it's all good. I can handle it from here. If anything I'll get that guy Bo to drive me back to where the car is so he can see what's wrong with it. Thank you again tho. I really appreciate it!" I said with a giant smile on my face which he copied back. As I walked away I looked back and he had the saddest look on his eyes and I couldn't tell why. Maybe I'm just a mess and he knows it. Made him feel bad for me without actually meaning for that. I'm walking thru the town and all the stores looked lively tho I didn't see anyone outside. It was odd but maybe it was around dinner time and everyone was home. My phone was now dead so I couldn't even look at the time. I got to the shop and looked in. I yelled "hello? Bo? Anyone in here?" No one answered and there was music playing. I went around town and saw there was a church and some weird wax museum. The museum looked creepy so I went into the church. I peeked my head in and saw a bunch of people sitting and a priest giving me a judgmental look. Then I saw a man kneeling at the coffin. Damn did I just interrupt a funeral? I'm an idiot. The man kneeling turned around and looked at me. So I said whispered sorry and went back outside. Out loud I said " Damn I'm a fucking idiot. Wtf is wrong with you?" The man came outside while I said that. He had slicked back hair with a perfect jaw line. He was very tall and masculine wearing an all black suit. All I kept thinking is he is so fucking sexy what the fuck. He's participating in a funeral and all I'm thinking about is how good he looks, yet again what is wrong with me? " I'm sorry for interrupting your uhm funeral...well not your funeral but who evers funeral. Uhm wait that sounded ignorant I meant...." I was saying as he interrupted me. "Yeah ok I get your point what do you want?" "I'm looking for a man named Bo, he's the town mechanic?" I said "Well look no more, ya found him." He said while lighting a cigarette.