| 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 |

|

𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐔𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

|

Julianne fell asleep for an hour or two, and the two older men did not have the heart to wake her up

Julianne fell asleep for an hour or two, and the two older men did not have the heart to wake her up. She was still technically just a kid in the middle of chaos. By the time she woke up, their work already had some results, making her sigh in content as the she wouldn't have to solve equations the second she woke up.

In the morning, when Fury walked in the lab, needless to say he was surprised to see the three smartest people of the group not working on the scepter as he ordered.

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" The anger could be heard in his voice.

"Uh...kind of been wondering the same thing about you." Julianne nodded, spinning in her chair.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract."

"We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile."

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss." And at that moment, Tony's monitor showed a collection of secret files. "What is Phase 2?"

Suddenly, Steve drops an assault rifle on the table causing Fury, Banner and Tony to turn around. He looked pissed.

"PHASE 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons." He then turned to the billionaire. "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow."

"So you're not just a puppy following orders after all!" Julianne smiled widely, but it fell after Steve gave her a look. "It was supposed to be a compliment..." She mumbled.

Nick tried to explain. "Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're..."

"I'm sorry, Nick." Tony moved the computer screen towards Fury which shows plans of the weapons. "What were you lying?"

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit."

"Yeah, you surprised?" The girl scoffed.

At that moment, Thor, Nolahni and Natasha walk into the lab. Natasha keeping her eyes right on Banner, who stares back at her, clearly annoyed.

"Did you know about this?"

"Did I miss something?" Nolahni turned to Thor.

"Yeah, they've been lying to us." Julianne replied pointing at the redhead and the pirate look-alike.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" 

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."

"Loki's manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?" He sassed.

"Damn." Julianne pulled an amused face.