Chapter 15 - Jet: Part Two

"You're a leech. Just like the rest of them. You prey on innocents with no remorse." Jet took a step towards Eziri.

Eziri tried to stand but she stumbled and couldn't make it off her knees.

"Wha...what did you..." She slurred. Her vision was getting blurry and she felt dizzy. Jet leaned down and gave her an evil grin.

"Don't worry, it's just a mild sedative. You'll be out of it for a while." He shoved her to the floor. "Just long enough for us to dispose of you with the rest of the Fire Nation filth in this valley." Jet grabbed her arms and shoved her over the edge of the platform. Eziri tried to stop him but the sedative made her weak. Before she knew it, she was plummeting down. She desperately tried to grip a vine on her way down. It slowed her descent, but snapped under her weight.

With nothing else to help, Eziri instinctively shot her arms out to cushion her fall. She hit the ground hard, her right side taking the brunt of the impact and resulting in a painful crack from her right arm. Eziri rolled with the impact, attempting to prevent further injury. She cried out in pain from the break. Jet and his fighters quickly descended off the path and rushed towards her.

--

Back in the hideout, Sokka was woken by Eziri's shout. He shot up and looked around, confused. He saw Eziri's cot empty and furrowed his brow. He stood up and poked his head out of their little hut.

"Eziri?" He called out quietly. He didn't get a response. In fact it was practically silent up in the treehouse. Sokka exited the hut and walked down the wooden path a bit. He saw a bottle sitting on the floor and looked over the edge. He couldn't see anything but he heard soft chatter from below. Deciding to go snoop around, Sokka made his descent from the hideout. He crept behind some bushes and spied on the people nearby.

Sokka saw the Freedom Fighters load barrels onto a wagon.

"You..won't get...away with....this." Sokka paled at the voice. It was Eziri. She sounded weak and her words were slurred. Sokka crept forward and tried to look at her. He saw her lying limp on the ground, glaring at Jet.

"Shut up!" Jet ordered. He pulled his leg back and delivered a hard kick to her stomach. Eziri grunted and coughed at the impact.

"You're a psycho..." Eziri slurred, still slightly coughing from the hit. The anger was rolling off Jet in waves. Longshot stood a few feet away watching in horror. He had no idea what to do. He wanted to help Eziri but he couldn't betray his friends.

Jet kicked Eziri over and over. A sickening crack could be heard with his last kick and he finally relented. Eziri was curled into a ball, fighting back the tears that threatened to spill. She refused to give fucking wheat boy the satisfaction.

"Put her on the cart. She can go on the dam with the barrels." Jet ordered. Pipsqueak did as instructed and Jet started walking through the woods. The group followed behind him, Pipsqueak and Sneers pulling the cart as they went. Longshot fell back a few steps and walked behind the cart. He looked down at Eziri with worry.

She blearily looked up at him. "Don't," She whispered. She could tell he was thinking about intervening. But she didn't want that. She didn't want him putting himself in danger for some girl he's only known a couple days. She would find her own way out of this. She had to. She was strong. She would be ok.

As the group trudged through the woods, Sokka crept behind them. He ducked behind trees and bushes, careful to stay out of sight. When they got to the edge of a cliff, the group stopped.

"Now, you're not gonna blow the dam until I give the signal." Jet instructed. "If the reservoir isn't full, the Fire Nation troops could survive."