Chapter 33 - The Blind Bandit

A/N: I skipped 'Avatar Day' but I couldn't leave out one of the best Aang moments in the series

________

The group ended up at their least-favorite town by far. Aang was accused of killing Chin the Conqueror and had to stand trial. Sokka got really excited about being a 'detective' and even bought a few things to make himself look official. One of those things was a small pipe. Eziri covertly swiped the pipe from his bag the second they left.

In the end, the town was attacked by the Rough Rhinos and Team Avatar saved the day. They all high-tailed it out of there the second the festival in Aang's honor was over.

Their next stop was in Gaoling. The group went to the center of town to pick up some supplies. Eziri bought a new set of arrows, Katara bought a new comb, and Sokka was currently debating whether or not he should purchase a new bag.

"It's pricey...but I really do like it." Sokka said as he examined the bag.

"Then you should get it, you deserve something nice." Said Katara.

"I do, don't I?" Katara gave him a disinterested look. "But no, it's too expensive. I shouldn't."

"All right, then don't." Katara shrugged and walked away.

"Eziri, what do you think?" Eziri was off to the side, focused on something else. She hadn't heard the interaction between the Water Tribe siblings and quickly swatted at the small cloud of smoke in front of her.

"Huh? Oh uh...I think you should do whatever you think is best."

Sokka sighed and put the bag down. He and Eziri started to walk towards their other friends but Sokka paused.

"You know what? I'm gonna get it." He ran back to the stall and purchased the bag.

On their way through the town, they passed a man advertising earthbending lessons. Aang decided to give it a shot and see if he could find a good teacher. Unfortunately, the free class only further discouraged Aang. The group stood outside the Earthbending Academy when they heard two other earthbending students walk past.

"I think the Boulder's going to win back the belt at Earth Rumble VI."

"He's going to have to fight his way through the best earthbenders in the world to get a shot at the champ." Aang perked up and rushed over to the two boys.

"Excuse me, but where is this earthbending tournament, exactly?"

"It's on the island of noneya...noneya business!"

Sokka burst out laughing and wiped his eyes. "Oh, I got to remember that one!"

"I'll take care of this." Katara rushed after the boys. "Hey, strong guys! Wait up!"

Sokka looked down at his bag and held it out in front of Aang. "What was I thinking? I don't need a new bag! Why did you let me buy this?" He said angrily. Aang just looked confused and Eziri giggled at Sokka's outburst.

"You ready to find an earthbending teacher? Because we're going to Earth Rumble VI!" Katara said excitedly as she rejoined the group. They all started to follow Katara towards the arena. Aang walked beside Katara while Sokka and Eziri followed behind.

"Sokka!" Eziri whisper-shouted. "Psst Sokka!"

He turned around and looked at her weirdly. "What?"

"You ever think about how the ground is just one giant magnet."

Sokka gave her a puzzled look. "What are you talking about?"

"Gravity, my love. You ever think about how gravity is like a big magnet but for people and objects and stuff?"