Chapter 64 - The Southern Raiders

Eziri was buzzing with excitement by the time the shoreline came into view. She was holding Appa's reins, delighted to see her friends again. Zuko watched her fidget with a small smile. Sure, things weren't perfect between them, but he was happy to see her have some of her typical spark back.

The two firebenders were swarmed by the rest of the group as soon as Appa landed. Katara was first to greet them, ringing her hands anxiously at the prospect of fixing Eziri's hands. She wasn't looking forward to the disappointment on her friend's face should the spirit water not work.

Zuko climbed down first and extended a hand to help his sister down after him. Sokka raised his eyebrows when Eziri didn't smack Zuko's hand away. He was internally congratulating himself for a successful plan.

Everyone waited with baited breath as the firebenders faced the group. They both had blank expressions on their faces. Eziri kept her hands folded behind her, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

"Well?" Toph spoke up. "Did you get the fancy water?" Toph crossed her arms impatiently.

"Um." Zuko cleared his throat. "Not exactly." Everyone's expression fell.

"What?!" Katara said in shock.

Eziri took a step forward before the waterbender took it upon herself to blame Zuko. "I have something else to show you." Eziri said softly. She moved one hand in front of her slowly, the back of her hand covered by her sleeve. In one swift movement, she flipped her hand over and swirled 5 small sparks in a circle above her palm.

Everyone, except Toph, gasped.

"No way!" Aang cheered. He rushed forward and slammed into Eziri. He hugged her with all his strength, practically crushing her.

"What?" Toph asked. "What happened?"

Katara sniffled a little, wiping the happy, relieved tears from her eyes. "Eziri's hands are fixed."

Toph beamed in Eziri's direction. "Hell yes! Inferno's back!" She pumped a fist in the air excitedly. Toph couldn't wait to spar the firebender again.

Sokka wanted to hug his girlfriend but it seemed Aang had glued himself to Eziri. Rather than fight the airbender, he just rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around both Aang and Eziri.

"Group hug!" Mila cheered and joined in. Suki chuckled at Mila's excitement and joined too. Katara was quick to follow.

Toph started to back away but Suki tugged her into the hug forcefully. Zuko awkwardly shifted on his feet until Toph moved the boy forward with her earthbending. "If I have to deal with this, so do you." Toph grumbled. Zuko reluctantly joined the hug.

When everyone separated, Eziri having to practically pry Aang off her, Eziri stood tall. "Alright, who's up for some firebending lessons?"

"Yes!" Aang shouted in relief. "Sifu Eziri is back!"

Zuko scoffed. "Oh, come on. I wasn't that bad of a teacher." Everyone just gave him a look. "Whatever."

"Aang, why don't you go warm up with Zuko? I'll be there in a minute."

Zuko and Aang went off together, warming up as Eziri suggested. The others dispersed, leaving Eziri with the two Water Tribe siblings.

"So I'm guessing you did find spirit water?" Katara asked.

Eziri nodded. "I felt sort of...drawn to the water. When I put my hands into the pond, there was this bright light and then I had a vision of Yue."

"Yue?" Sokka asked curiously.