Chapter 5

Hey guys! Sorry about the late update; I've been quite busy and working on other fics (that haven't been posted on Wattpad, actually... mostly ao3.) I lost the want to write this fic, because I reached a point where I wasn't sure where to go. But I figured I'd give you guys a shorter chapter. Thanks for sticking with me, lovelies! Art Credit to the gorgeous Hetiru on Deviantart!

Also; I tend to have only 1 hyperfixation at a time. For a year, it was Danganronpa, but slowly, my fixation has gone back to my tried and true: Star Wars. But, don't consider this fic abandoned at all! I'm going to finish it.

The knife slipped into Makoto's smooth flesh, slipping far deeper than Nozomi probably intended. Makoto dropped the knife with a clatter and immediately covered his arm with his hand. He could feel the warm blood beneath his fingers. It made him queasy. 

"W-what the hell?" Makoto whispered. "N-Nozomi's never done that..."

"Makoto, are you alright?" Came Byakuya's voice, and Makoto felt immense embarrassment at the idea someone had seen him like this, especially Byakuya.

"I'm... fine," he hissed, pressing against his arm.

"Let's get you to the Nurse's Office," Byakuya said determinedly. He wrapped his hand around Makoto's shoulder, and the two of them walked to where the Nurse's Office was.

"Isn't it closed?" Makoto wondered, the warm blood on his fingers making him feel slightly woozy.

"Monokuma will let us in. He has to," Byakuya said. Makoto was sort of confused at that. Why would Byakuya care? He had never cared like this before.

"T-thanks, Byakuya," Makoto said, feeling his cheeks warm up.

The door was open, surprisingly. Byakuya opened the door gently, not removing his hand from Makoto's shoulder.

He shoved Makoto down into a sitting position on one of the cots and rummaged through the cabinets. Byakuya came back a moment later with bandages and dressings.

Makoto reached out to take the supplies from Byakuya's hands, but Byakuya moved it out of Makoto's reach. "No, Makoto," Byakuya said loudly. "I've got it."

Byakuya took Makoto's palm in his hand and away from his bleeding arm. The sight of it made Makoto kinda loopy.

Byakuya took a wipe and cleaned the bloody arm. The sight of old scars made Makoto fairly embarrassed. Especially in front of Byakuya. But it seemed Byakuya didn't seem too bothered by it, his brow creasing in concentration as he cleaned the wound.

The room was quiet. "Thank you," Makoto said, breaking the silence.

"It's the least I could do," Byakuya said. "I'm glad to help."

Byakuya tossed the wipe into a small garbage can and instead took a pile of gauze and pressed it into the bloody cut. The pressure was quite relieving, actually.

The two sat in silence while Byakuya pushed the dressings into his arm with his fingertips; but soon enough, the gauze had bled through. Byakuya discarded the top pieces, pressing clean gauze in its place. A moment later, Byakuya grabbed the roller bandage from its place in the kit.

The bandage wrapped around Makoto's arm. Byakuya's hands were cold.

"Nozomi told me something interesting," Byakuya murmured.

Makoto felt kinda sweaty at the thought. "Yeah?"

"He told me that both of you have a crush on me."

Makoto felt himself recoil slightly. "O-oh, uhm..."

"My feelings do not matter. No matter how I feel about you two, it is... necessary... for me to maintain my father's expectations. If the fact that I was bisexual were to get out to the world, I would lose everything. Even worse, if I were to d-date a man, I would be ruined."