Chapter 5: Investigate

"I hope my black balls are worth it!"

"So... you want me to cause a distraction so you can stalk a fellow student." Alan says, raising an eyebrow. 

"I'm not stalking anyone. I just want to know if he's ok. I'd call that caring." Joe insisnts. 

"Stalking."

"Shut up! Will you help me or not?" Joe pushes Alan's arm a little making Alan take a step back.

"Ok ok." He concedes. 

Now stood once again outside of the office door, Alan and Joe stare through the thin glass pane. There is now only one staff member to contend with, the same guy as before. "I think if you distract him, I will be able to get past him and get to a computer. He seems weak, like gullabe you know?" Joe adds.

"What him?" Alan asks, tapping the glass and inadvertently making the guy look straight at him. 

Joe suddenly panics and pulls Alan by the sleeve of his school blazer. He draws up his right knee and pushes it forward, full force into Alan's crotch. 

"Oof ffssk!" Alan doubles forwards in pain, grabbing his crotch as his bag falls from his shoulder. The school office worker sees Alan stumble and instantly leaves his desk and heads for the door where Alan is now in agony on the other side. 

As the door opens, Joe backs away from his friend, just enough to be out of sight before he manages to slip past the commotion and through the door to the now unoccupied space. He wastes no time in heading for the desk where the guy had been...the computer left unlocked. He ducks down enough to be out of sight before he sets to his task, tapping the name, Vinnie in the search engine...

0 results 

Joe frowns at the screen. He tries again, double checking his spelling this time...

0 results

How could this be? Joe was sure his name was Vinnie. He glances up at the wooden door, seeing Alan through the glass pane, being lead away to what he assumed was the medical room. What could he do? Think. Think. Time was against him. He then types in 'new students' and bingo! A list of names and faces appears on the screen. Joe filters out all the other school years, leaving only his senior year remaining...and there he was!... But his name wasn't Vinnie. Underneath his image was the name Micheal Morrison. 

"Micheal Morrison." Joe repeats the name. He now begins to question what he had heard. Maybe he got it wrong. There was so much weirdness happening at that moment and he was never the best at remembering names. Come to think of it, Joe realised he never took the time to get to know his name. Hell! he didn't even know the guy yet here he was, looking at his file. Maybe Alan was right. Maybe he was a stalker! 

He captures an image of the address on his phone and is about to close the file when out of the corner of his eye, He sees an image of Austin Lee. Joe stares momentarily at the photograph. The flawless image. It stirred up a feeling within. He wanted to look, to admire the beauty that the guy posessed, but felt like he couldn't, or shouldn't. People who look like Austin were out of Joe's league. He needed to remember that! 

He again glances up, he has a window of opportunity to vacate the office, so he quickly and quietly leaves the space. Once back out in the corridor, Joe waits a few minutes before heading himself towards the nurses office. 

He opens the door to reveal Alan sitting on the edge of the bed with an icepack on his crotch. "I hope my black balls are worth it!" He complains, winsing a little at the slight adjustment to his seating position. 

Joe slowly approaches, sitting next to Alan on the bed. "Kind of I think. There is no Vinnie. The guy's name is Micheal Morrison." 

Alan looks to his right at Joe, protruding a bottom lip. "Well I've never heard of a Vinnie or a Micheal Morrison, I guess you got the name wrong." 

"Maybe I did." Joe sighs. He then looks down at his phone. "But I still have an address." He lights up the screen to reveal the photo taken of the image on the computer. 

There are a few moments of silence before Alan decides to speak. "Why are you doing this Joe? Why are you so desperate to see if this guy, Micheal Morrison is it? Why do you need to know that he's ok?"

Joe takes in Alan's question. Unsure how to answer. He didn't truly know himself why he had become obesessed by the guy...or maybe he did, he just didn't know how to admit it to himself.  "There's something about him Al...there's just something about him."