02x21 - The Sun also Rises

Elena and Rose were seated next to each other, talking, whilst Mira was quietly pondering the rest of her existence. A werewitch. She almost laughed. She was the first of her kind, so technically she got to name herself. She had no idea what to think about it. The entire situation was ridiculous.

Mira hadn't thought about Bonnie since she died, not wanting emotions to get in the way of what she had to do, but she was thinking of her now. The beautiful, strong sacrificial witch. She closed her eyes and tried not to think about how much she had failed Sheila, and how much she had failed her mother.

Mira walked up to the two and Elena glared at her. Mira anticipated her move from a mile away- Elena went to grab a stone as a weapon. Mira flung Elena into the air and she would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy it just a little bit. Encircling Elena and Rose in two separate rings of fire, she stepped back. She could tell the power from the necklace wasn't strong enough to keep this up and do the ritual, she just hoped that Klaus wasn't lying when he gave her permission to siphon from him.

Elena tried to run out of the circle, whilst Rose stood still, smiling slightly. She really did want to die Mira concluded.

'Don't bother, Elena,' Mira said as she turned towards the doppelganger. 'I've spelled the circle. You're trapped.' Mira turned away from the piercing gaze of Elena.

'How could you do this?' Elena demanded, tears in her eyes that just pissed Mira off more.

'Oh my god Elena!' Mira groaned frustrated. 'You have been attempting to sacrifice yourself for weeks and the fact that I made a deal to save everyone's life but yours enrages you doesn't it?! Klaus offered me a deal, he doesn't hurt anyone we love and I break the curse. It was fair, Elena, don't you see? I thought you, of all people, would understand given your martyr complex lately.'

Mira walked back towards the altar and tried not to let the memories rush through her head. When Esther showed her the memories of Mira's werewolf side being bound, it wasn't half bad, it was like watching a movie. But in her dreams, she saw it from her perspective- she remembered it from her perspective. She felt every ounce of fear and in her mind, she was a helpless eight-year-old girl getting bound and murdered because she just happened to be born a hybrid.

Everyone's heads turned into the direction of the forest when they began to hear screaming.

'What's that?' Elena asked.

'Jules,' Mira said simply.

Mira watched as Klaus tossed the wolf onto the ground, and Mira, yet again, spelled a circle of fire around her.

'What's happening to me?' The wolf yelled. Mira suddenly felt all the pain she had felt a while ago, the feeling of the knife in her stomach, the way it twisted, and she was full of rage.

Mira didn't understand why she was so angry all the time, but she suspected it had something to do with the fact the curse was so close to being broken. All she knew? Jules deserved to hurt.

Mira walked up to the wolf who was screaming in pain and she knelt down next to her, just beyond the fire. She smiled, almost sadistically.

'I slowed down your transformation Jules,' Mira said softly, with a large smile. Jules looked up and a frightened expression appeared on her face which confused the hell out of Klaus and Rose. 'Your insides are trying to tear themselves free.'

Mira stood up, raising her hand, casting a pain inflicting spell on the wolf, who screamed in pain. She noticed Rose wasn't really bothered, obviously. The bitch tried to kill her.