And Then There's Winchester

Team ARMS and the others head to the stage to go watch Jaune fight Cardin.

Scarlet: Oh boy, Arc's getting his butt kicked dudes.

Jaune looks at Cardin who then laughs at him due to his tiredness. He gathers his strength and charges right towards him, swinging down his blade only allowing Cardin to move out of the way. Jaune looks back shocked and Cardin hits his Shield out of his hands. Jaune charges at Cardin only letting him stop his attack, their weapons lock, and Jaune is stuck.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead....

Jaune: gets cut off short from Cardin as he knees him right into the gut. Jaune drops his sword and falls to the ground only looking up at Cardin who was about to finish him off by smashing him.

Glynda: Cardin, that's enough! Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's aura now dropped into the red. In a tournament-style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match.( she looks at Jaune) Mr. Arc, its been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack of when it is better to move to a more... Defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself

Glynda: Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!

The bell rings and everybody leaves for lunch. As they sit at a table Nora decides to tell a story.

Nora: So! There we were, in the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai

Ren: They were Beowolves.

Nora: Dozens of them!

Ren: Two of'em.

Nora: But they were no match...and in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a buttload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs.

Ren: (sighs) She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now.

Pyrrha: (looks at Jaune) Jaune? Are you okay?

Jaune: Huh? Oh, yeah! Why?

Ruby: it's just that you seemed a little... not okay...

Jaune: Guys, I'm fine. Seriously! Look!( he sticks a thumbs up and laughed awkwardly).

The group looks at Cardin laughing at the girl with bunny ears and Lark is holding his hands close to his head mocking the girl.

Pyrrha: Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first week of school.

Jaune: Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah...He just likes to mess around! You know, practical jokes!

Ruby: He's a bully

Scarlet: Yep

Jaune: Oh, please! Name one time he's ever bullied me.

Skip Flashback

Jaune: Guys, really, it's fine! Besides, it's not like he's only a jerk to me; he's a jerk to everyone

Scarlet: Dude, playing practical jokes on naughty individuals is my shtick.

Raptor: Yep, he hates bullies

Mark: And whenever Scarlet sees bullies, he goes wild.

Ruby: Wild, how?