Dont get caught

(Y/N)s pov:

"So (Y/N). You aren't scared of anything?" Mac asked, looking at me curiously. "Nope." I said, doodle a corpse in my journal.

"That's bull. You must be scared of something, everyone's got a phobia." Duke said.

Chan walked over and sat down next to me, kissing my cheek. "I'm not really scared of anything." I replied, not really paying attention to them as Heather intertwined our fingers and tuned into the conversation.

"Spiders? Clowns? Witches? The Devil? God? The dark? High places? Holes?" Mac asked.

"Spiders are cool, clowns aren't scary, my aunts are witches, the devil worships me, god is scared of me, I am the dark, I'm always high, holes aren't scary." I said, glancing up at her as I kept drawing.

"Heather, what is wrong with your girlfriend? She's like broken or something." Mac said, poking me and I rolled my eyes and tried to focus. Heather hummed and gently put her arm around me, pulling me into her chest.

"What scares you baby?" Heather whispered in my ear. "...Nothing." I said, lightly kissing her jaw before pulling away. "I dunno, she's probably lying." Dukie said.

"First of all. Watch your mouth. Duke. Because I'd never lie to my girlfriend's face. Secondly, call me a liar one more time and I'll show you where my converse fits. And thirdly, I'm not scared of anything." I said, my head snapping up to glare at her.

Duke quickly shut up and looked down at her Chemistry homework, and once she stayed focused on it for a little while I went back to my work. "Feisty, what's got you in a mood?" Heather asked softly. I smiled as she trailed her fingers up and down my forearm, I shrugged and shook my head, losing my train of thought as her nails raked over my scarred wrists and up to my palm. Heather held my hand tightly, our fingers intertwining as she watched me carefully.

"..But seriously, are you scared of something?" Heather whispered, resting her head on mine.

"...You wouldn't believe me if I told you." I mumbled, slowly putting my head down and using my arm as a pillow. Heather furrowed her eyebrows and laid her head down next to mine.

"Wanna bet?" She asked softly, gently tugging on my collar until I turned around to face her. "Yeah, I'll bet I'll be single by the end of telling you." I said, looking into her eyes. Heather scoffed and rolled her eyes, smiling at me.

"You won't, just tell me." Heather said, running her fingers through my hair. "I'm afraid Satan is going to come back and take what I owe him." I confessed quietly, not noticing we were the only ones left in the caf.

"What do you owe him?" She asked. "An innocent soul." I answered. Heather furrowed her eyebrows and laughed.

"Babe be serious." She said, smiling at me. "...I am." I said, slowly sitting up and looking away.

"Alright.. so hypothetically, you owe Satan something, an innocent soul, how'd it happen?" Heather asked.

"It.. I... Alright, hypothetically speaking, what if I was to say I was desperate, I was alone and needed someone. So I... I summoned him, and we made a deal. I'd never feel pain, or cry, or feel scared ever again. In return I offered him an innocent soul, but uh... He couldn't take mine because I.. I screwed up.. big time, and uh... yeah. I owe him a soul, that's the price I have to pay to be... me." I explained. Heather stared at me for a moment, not exactly believing me.

"Who's soul do you owe him?" Heather asked.

I sighed and looked down at my hands, remembering how stained with blood they were. Heather gently grabbed my hands and smiled.