♧4

Hadrian was grateful when everyone was gone and he could lock the door from the inside. The magic around him shifted when Death materialized behind him but Hadrian stared at himself in a mirror. His normally messy hair lay flat against his head. His eyes looked empty and stopped shining, while his always pale skin was much paler. He knew that he had a fever,  because of the heat on his face. Hadrian's headache became much more dominant and he was cold, while the heating charm on his wing should've made a constant temperature.

"Well shit." He breathed and turned to look at his soulmate. "I don't know how I couldn't have seen this, love." His voice shook while he reached out for Cyrian's hand. "We need to go now." Death voiced and brought them back to the world of Death.

When they landed in Death's bedroom Hadrian was paler than before, sweat ran from his forehead and his headache was worse. He looked like shit and they both knew that he was away too long. Cyrian guided him to the bed where he made Hadrian lie down and go to get a wet towel. The god gently pressed the towel against his mate's forehead and looked at him. "I am sorry, love. I should've noticed that we waited too long. It's my fault." Hadrian tiredly shook his head. "M'amour, it's as much your fault as it's mine. We both knew it could happen. I love you." He whispered as he closed his eyes and got his much-needed sleep.

Death sat next to him and gently stroke the hair. The being looked at his small soulmate while he thought about the next year. He and Hadrian both knew that it would become much more complicated when the latter was going to Hogwarts, while Death had to be in between and the world of Death. But maybe they could arrange with Tatanus and Hel so that the two of them made a part of his work and the being could be with his soulmate. The two of them were together for eleven years and until now they hadn't spoken about what would happen when Hadrian would die and chose to stay in the world of his love. Death knew that he wanted Hadrian one day to be his consort, maybe even his husband and the father of his possible future children. Death loved his soulmate and he wouldn't let him go again, he would make sure that nobody ever hurt him.

Hadrian woke up to their bond pulsing with love and possession and to something gently stroking through his messy hair. "What are you thinking about, my love?" he asked and set up leaning against his mate. "About our future and about what will happen, when you go to Hogwarts next month. Chaos told me that your family will teach at Hogwarts. James as a flying instructor, Lily as a teacher for muggle studies, Sirius and Remus as defense teachers, Peter as a teacher for Care of magical creatures, and Barty and Regulus as history teachers. The rest is the same as in your first life and apparently, Fate want's to make something up to you because she made some things new and mostly better." Death smiled at his curious mate and kissed the boy's temple. "You look better, love, how are you feeling?" Hadrian grinned back. "I'm feeling much better now that we are at home. Thank you for bringing me here and then taking care of me." "Always." was the simple reply he got.

"So, how is Fate trying to make whatever it is up to me?" he asked, smirking. Death's amusement pulsed through the bond and he laughed. "Every student, whatever year and house have his dorm but you can choose to share with someone, like siblings, best friends, or soulmates. Also, you can change your dorms as you like them. And what I think is best, Fate made it so that only people with good intentions can become king or queen of their house, so nobody will be outcasted, just because the king doesn't like anyone." Hadrian could hear the excitement of Death and laugh. "That's brilliant! You can come to visit overnight and nobody would see you!"

The days 'till the first of September flew by and soon it was time for Hadrian and Death to go back to the living. They slept in Hadrian's bed for the last time and woke up to someone hitting against his bedroom door, which opened shortly after. Inside came the golden three, with Sirius, Remus, Hadrian's uncles, and his aunt. Frank and Alice wore glamors and he knew that they were uncomfortable with being near their ex-friends. "What the fuck are you all doing here? At a quarter past seven?!" Death, now invisible, laughed inside Hadrian's head. "Language, sunshine." grinned Regulus and sat at the edge of the bed. "How are you? All good again?" Hadrian nodded, while the golden five (James, Lily, Lucy, Remus & Sirius) were confused. "All good, I just needed time to cure, like always." Regulus ruffled his hair. "Good, now get ready. We're invited for breakfast." Regulus dragged them all outside the door and grinned at his godson.

Hadrian wore beige jeans with a white bottom-up shirt and a beige knitted jumper.

Alice was all over him when he left his room, trunk flying behind him and Death walking next to him, with a similar outfit, which nobody except Hadrian could see

Alice was all over him when he left his room, trunk flying behind him and Death walking next to him, with a similar outfit, which nobody except Hadrian could see. "I love this outfit, honey! Frank, we need a son, so I can dress him up like that!" she called at her husband. Hadrian had a mischievous glint in his eyes and the way he smirked told his family that he had an idea. "Aunty? Why don't you dress Barty, Reg, Pete, and Frank up like that? So you don't have to wait 'till your son is old enough." he asked innocently smiling. "That, honey, is a really good idea. Don't you think?" Alice turned to the four-man and tilted her head. "Buddy, your evil! That was pure evil, I swear!" exclaimed Frank as Alice transfigured his clothes to match Hadrians, but his jumper was honey-colored. "Love you too!" Hadrian grinned before he looked at Lily. "Are we invited to you or...?" he didn't end his question, because James nodded and Lucy pulled a face, which Hadrian returned with a raised eyebrow.

Breakfast was an awkward situation. Lily tried to talk to Alice, while James and Remus tried to make small talk with Frank and Peter. Sirius wanted to talk to Regulus and Barty but they answered with cold, short answers. Lucy and Hadrian pulled faces at each other and Death laughed at his mate's family. That was until the ice broke when Hadrian had to laugh at one of Lucy's faces. The girl laughed with him and the adults sat frozen and stared at the two children. The two of them ignored the rest and talked to each other. "Hey Luc, did you know that I'm a metamorphmagus? Maybe you're also one." They grinned and Lucy tried to change her eye color to match his. "It didn't work, Lucy. But hey, you'll have other talents."

The air tensed when the fireplace spat the Weasley's, Granger, and Longbottom out. They stood there, looking shocked at the family gathering around the table. "Sorry Luc, we didn't know that you had guests," said Ronald. Then he spotted Hadrian and grinned like crazy. "And who is this, Lucy? Your new play toy?" asked the read head, while Hadrian froze at hearing his ex-best friend's voice. Hadrian stood abruptly up and in one second he had his emotionless mask on. "Hadrian Laurentius James Potter-Peverell. For you, Potter or Peverell." He turned to Lily and James. "Thank you for the breakfast. I think it's time to go. Lucinda." he nodded at her and left the room, but he could hear his sister and the mudblood scolding Weasle while his uncles and Alice excused themselves.