Part 5

On Saturday you took much longer getting dressed than usual. You fished out your best pair of jeans and selected a simple black Bardot top to put under your dark green jacket. You decided against wearing the hoodie that you had originally told Yui you'd be wearing, thinking a jacket would make a better first impression. You even attempted to put on a bit of mascara and eyeliner, it wasn't much, but if you tried to do any more than that you were sure to make a mess of it. You threw a small purple handbag over your shoulder to complete the look and ran out the door shouting goodbye to your mum.

You met the girls at the train station and hopped on the train to Shibuya, you'd never been to this area of Tokyo before. You knew it was where everyone who was anyone hung out and it had all the best shops and cafés, but you knew there was no way you could afford to buy anything in the high-end shops you were currently passing.

"I thought we were going to a little shop near where you live Yui?" You said as you passed a window displaying a gold sequin dress on a mannequin with a blue wig.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, don't worry we are. But I need to get some new boots for this concert first and I wouldn't dream of buying shoes from anywhere other than Soma's." She pointed exaggeratedly at a shop across the street that had people queuing to get in.

You were gobsmacked. You'd never seen so many people trying to get in a shoe shop before. You exchanged a horrified look with Hana who seemed to share your sentiments as the three of you joined the back of the queue.

Half an hour later and you'd managed to move a couple of feet closer to the entrance. At this rate it would take another hour at least just to get inside the building, and you were sure once inside, Yui would want to try on as many pairs of shoes as she could.

You made a mental note never to accept a shopping invitation from Yui ever again, when a familiar head of hair caught your eye.

"Well looky here, if it isn't Kenma's cute little friend L/N." Said Kuroo as he made his way across the street with another tall broad shouldered boy in tow.

The pair were wearing very fashionable street clothes, Kuroo in black cargo pants and a grey shirt, his friend in some sports brand tracksuit bottoms and a branded white t-shirt.

The other boy had white streaks bleached into his black hair which was spiked up with an obscene amount of gel. He had yellow eyes and large eyebrows, your first thought was that he looked like an owl.

"Hey hey hey, not just one, but three pretty ladies. Maybe I should transfer to Nekoma?" he teased Kuroo.

"If you do, you can forget joining our Volleyball team, we've got enough Aces." Kuroo teased back.

Hana looked mightily unimpressed with both boys, but Yui was eying up the one that looked like an owl.

"Do you know these handsome men Y/n?" She said batting her eyelashes at the boys stood in front of them.

You cringed at her obviousness, hoping that the ground would swallow you up. Unfortunately, the floor remained solid, so you introduced Kuroo to Yui and Hana.

"Nice to meet you both." Kuroo said, giving Yui and Hana a wink then introduced his friend. "This is Kotaro Bokuto, he's the Ace on the Fukurodani Volleyball team.

"I'm not just the Ace of Fukurodani, I'm one of the top five Aces in Japan." He stated, puffing out his chest impressively with his hands on his hips.

Yui was pretending to be amazed even though you could tell she had no more idea what an Ace was than you did.

She began flirting unabashedly with Bokuto and Hana declared she was going to go get you three some bubble tea while you waited for the queue to die down a bit more. Before you could stop her and insist you go too, she was gone, leaving you pretty much alone with Kuroo.