Part 11

You got through the rest of the exams relatively easily. Even science didn't seem to go too badly thanks to Kuroo's help. And on Thursday you were given the day off to recover.

You had a well deserved lie in in the morning and got up around 10 when your phone vibrated.

Kuroo

10.01: How did your exams go? Did my expert tutoring help?

Y/N

10.02: I think I did better than usual. And yes, your tutoring definitely helped. Thank you.

Kuroo

10.02: I'm happy to hear it. If you're not busy today, why don't you come down to the school and watch our practice match? We're playing against Bokuto's school Fukurodani. You should get to see Kenma play too. The third-year setter can't make it.

Y/N

10.03: Sure, what time do I need to be there for?

Kuroo

10.04: Fukurodani should get here for 12.30, so any time around then.

Y/N

10.05: Ok see you there. X

You got up and made more of an effort than usual. Despite it being a break day, you still put on your uniform because you were heading out onto the campus. But you tried something different with your hair so it framed your face nicely, and you once again attempted to apply a bit of makeup.

When you got to school you made your way over to the gyms where there was a coach parked up, it had the Fukurodani logo down the side and an owl emblem on the back. You took off your outdoor shoes and left them at the door before peaking inside.

Both teams were warming up, doing stretches or laps. You saw Kenma against the far wall helping Kuroo stretch. Bokuto was running laps with his teammates around the edge of the gym. He spotted you peering through the door as he got near to the entrance.

"Hey hey hey! If it isn't the little cutie pie from Shibuya. Y/N right?" He broke away from the warmups to talk to you. You stepped inside feeling very aware of all the eyes on you now that Bokuto had announced your arrival.

"Yes, that's me." You said, your hand instinctively going up to your hair to fiddle with a loose strand.

"Why don't you join our managers up there in the stand and watch us wipe the floor with your classmates." He wiggled his eyebrows mischievously and indicated a couple of girls in blue t-shirts and grey sweatpants up on the viewing platform. You nodded at him and headed for the stairs to climb up to the platform.

The two girls smiled at you and beckoned you over to where they were stood with a clipboard and notebook. The taller of the two had a long ponytail and freckles she smiled at you and held out her hand for you to shake.

"I'm Kairi Suzumeda, second year. And this is Yukie Shirofuku also a second year." The girl behind her with short red-brown hair waved at you, she had a sandwich in her hand and her mouth was full so she didn't speak straight away.

"Hi, I'm Y/N L/N, I'm friends with Kuroo and Kenma." You said, looking down at the two boys. Kuroo waved up at you and winked. You waved back shyly and your face flushed.

"Kuroo, he's that handsome one with the black hair, Number 1, right?" Yukie said finishing her sandwich. "Do you think you could get me his number?"

You were a bit taken aback by this, "Erm..." but Kairi cut in.

"Hey wait, Y/N... Didn't Bokuto say Kuroo was dating a girl called Y/N? Is that you?" She looked questioningly at you and you blushed even harder. How had a quiet girl like you become the topic of gossip at a completely different school!?