Thoughts

Previously...

According to Buffy, her mother was often very strict, but a good mother nonetheless. Despite her initial reaction to Buffy's confession of being a Slayer, Joyce had since shown support and encouragement for her daughter.

"And your father?" asked Yami Bakura.

Buffy thought for a few moments, thinking over her answer, and then replied, "Well, my father is different. Although he is upper-class, I found out the hard way that Dad couldn't be counted on to keep his promises, and he never played the role of the father.

"You've heard about when he and Mom got divorced, right?" Buffy went on. Yami Bakura nodded. "Well, the last I heard about him, he moved to Spain with his secretary. However, I was unable to contact him when Mom died.

"Luckily for me," Buffy added after another pause, "I soon found out that Giles, my Watcher, had seen me as a daughter in every way except blood. And you know what? I myself see him as a great father figure, too."

"I see," nodded Yami Bakura as he listened.

Buffy then got up. "Well, I better get to bed. I'm sure that Dawn wants to speak with you in private. Good night, Yami Bakura."

"Good night, Buffy," replied Yami Bakura.

*****************************************

As soon as Buffy left for her bedroom, Yami Bakura looked into the fire, the knuckle of his right hand supporting his chin.

Dawn Summers. She certainly was the mystery that so many women (including the ones that had fallen prey to his killer good looks) wished they were, and the enigma so many men wished they could explore and unravel like a tangled up ball of yarn.

Brown hair. Cobalt eyes that held many secrets and confessions.

A sinful and dark smirk snaked its way across his handsome face, and his chocolate eyes darkened and gleamed at the thought of her pouring out so many confessions to him. The image of her coming to her bedroom and opening the door, only to stop dead in her tracks while a shocked look crossed that beautiful face of hers upon seeing him lying there on her bed in a Cleopatra-like pose, as though he was the male equivalent of a temptress — a tempter, to be more precise.

Maybe he was, or maybe he wasn't. He still wasn't sure at the moment. Even after 5,000 years, he still wasn't sure whether or not he was a tempter of women.

"Yami Bakura?" said her voice.

A secret smile crossed his face, replacing the dark smirk that had been there only moments before as he turned his head to look at the younger Summers sister.

She was wearing a light blue nightgown with snowmen and snowflakes covering it. He instantly took a liking to how it flowed over her body like water, and especially how it swished against her legs periodically as she moved. Her chocolate locks fell around her shoulders, and looked so beautiful as well.

"Dawn," he purred in reply.

He noticed how she blushed a little upon hearing his voice, and mentally congratulated himself for causing her to feel that way in the first place.