Memories

Previously...

A sinful and dark smirk snaked its way across his handsome face, and his chocolate eyes darkened and gleamed at the thought of her pouring out so many confessions to him. The image of her coming to her bedroom, opening the door and then stopping dead in her tracks while a shocked look crosses that beautiful face of hers upon seeing him lying there on her bed in a Cleopatra-like pose, as though he was the male equivalent of a temptress — a tempter, to be more precise.

Maybe he was. He wasn't sure... yet. Even after 5,000 years, he still wasn't sure whether or not he was a tempter of women.

"Yami Bakura?" said her voice.

A secret smile crossed his face, replacing the dark smirk that had been there moments before as he turned his head to look at the younger Summers sister.

She had changed out of her outfit and now wore a light blue nightgown with snowmen and snowflakes covering it. He instantly took a liking to how it flowed over her body like water, and especially how it swished against her legs periodically as she moved. Her chocolate locks fell around her shoulders, and looked so beautiful as well.

"Dawn," he purred in reply.

He noticed how she blushed a little upon hearing his voice, and mentally congratulated himself for causing her to feel that way in the first place.

***********************************

There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea
You became the light on the dark side of me
Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill

But did you know, that when it snows,
My eyes become large and
the light that you shine can be seen

Baby, I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray
Ooh, the more I get of you, the stranger it feels, yeah
And now that your rose is in bloom,
A light hits the gloom on the gray.

~Seal, Kiss from a Rose

As she walked over and sat down beside him, Yami Bakura reached over and gently took Dawn's hand in his. Dawn turned to him and, after seeing how their hands were intertwined, smiled.

"Please, tell me about yourself, Dawnie," said Yami Bakura. "You never seem to talk much about you."

Dawn could tell by the color rising in her cheeks that she was very pleased with Yami Bakura's gentlemanly manners. Also, the nickname he used for her, "Dawnie," reminded her of Spike, who was like a big brother to her.

Dawn and Buffy were not at all surprised to find out that Spike had also met Yami Bakura a few times before. According to Spike, they got along just fine — especially when Spike found out that Yami Bakura was British just like him. The only difference between Yami Bakura and Spike was that Yami Bakura's accent was more like a New England accent.

"Well, then, you might be in for quite the story, Yami Bakura," Dawn finally replied after a moment's thought, while Yami Bakura waited patiently. "It sure is quite something, too."

"I'm all ears, Dawnie."

Again a smile appeared on Dawn's face. "Hold on, please," she said. She then began fishing in her backpack, looking for something. "Ah, there it is," she said as her fingers made contact with her secret notebook, and pulled it out.

Opening it, Dawn then turned to a page — a very familiar page that had the writings from the book that she had read a year ago in the Magic Shop with Spike that fateful night (and then copied down in her notebook, so she wouldn't forget). That was the night, Dawn knew, that she would never forget at all.