Day 2: Lyle Hilltopple the Holy Barbarian

Tonight we see a little farming village that sits between some forest area and a river. This is Taeto Village, it produces potatoes and fish. Taeto Village also recently had twin Halfling boys. Alton Hilltopple dark haired boy came out first a bit quiet but still healthy, and then Lyle Hilltopple a happy little blonde boy. About the time the boys were eight years old a tragdedy hit Taeto Village.

The village was attacked by a goblin raid. With buildings burning and people screaming terrifiing noises the Hilltopple parents hid Alton and Lyle in an empty wood container out back of the houses. Both of them huddled together scarred, Alton making sure Lyle stays quiet in this terror. Screams started getting closer to the hide out making it harder for Lyle to keep quiet. Alton tells Lyle to stay quiet and to stay hidden while leaving the box. Just to make sure Lyle stays put he puts some logs ontop of the box to keep it closed. Lyle tried to protest but Alton persuaded him to stay in the box.

Hearing Lyle crying loudly he screamed at lyle to shut up and ran away screaming. Lyle stiffled his crying and screams trying to honor his brother. The only noises he heard until he passed out was fading screams that eventually stopped and the sounds of crackling fire.

Lyle awoke to the box being opened and the sun shining directly upon him inside the box. Frightened, he pulled himself in closer to a corner of the box. A voice spoke softly, "Hey there child, you are safe now. The goblins are gone and most of the fire is out. The light of the holy sun is upon you this day in your safety."

Lyle took these words in and feel the comforting warmth of the sun on his skin. He felt protected and empowered. His mind seeing the town snapped too in that moment, squirming and flailing out of this mans arms who was helping him out of the box. Lyle runs to his house, frantically he starts pulling charred pieces of wood that he could move with all of his might. Screaming looking for them. Any sign of them.

The man ran over checking on the child before him crying and screaming to help them. As the man pulled Lyle away of the wreckage so he wouldnt get hurt, Lyle looked and saw two bodies charred with daggers in them and just wept. Pulling the man in closer screaming crying. "You have survived a horrible night in which no person should ever have to endure. You are a brave and strong man in this day." The man says trying to comfort this little boy who just lost everything.

He speaks again, "Stand up strong and tell all those that are still able to hear that you thank them and you love them."

Lyle did as such through strained voice and blurry eyes. The man told him that his name was Jeremiah Cheyolf and he would take care of him over in the next town over in the village of Stark. So Lyle went with Highpriest Cheyolf and was raised by the Church of the Sun.

Lyle learned that the town of Stark started as just an inbetween encampment between the three week journey from The Capitol of Evanskor and the border cliff city of Mordenfield. It grew into a middle stop and trading town. Lyle was raised in the church looking up to the paladins and seeing their poise and power to protect people with more then just fighting but with words as well. Just their commanding power gave them the resiliance to be leaders and saviors.

Sadly with Lyles trauma and anger he couldnt pass that threshhold into being a paladin. He does well for the majority of the time, he learned to use a rapier, he can command some luck in his favor, in which he thanks the suns favor for giving him. Sometimes his rages bring forth some light but not they way he prefers.

One time when he was younger he was able to meet an almost celebrity on the continent and a near single covenant of the Sun, Teresa the angel of the Sun. She was accompanied by the green fire witch Charlotte, and Niro the Arch-druid. All three nearly legends of the continent just passing through on their own adventure. Meeting Teresa, Lyle felt a renewed vigor to try and become the best man he could. 

After informing High Priest Cheyolf that he is going to find himself, He headed off. His first major stop in his life is Eltier a large city, similar to Stark but more known and aged. Heading into the adventure company of Green-Scale Adventuring Co. After finishing his paperwork for his application he notices a badly armored dark-elf getting teased by a full plate armored elf and his buddies. Lyle stepping on the pendant, given out to adventurers as their hunting tags, that was kicked across the room. Making friends with Luther Shalri.