Day10-14: William J Hank

They met in the winter and married in the summer. William and Arianna Hank, they settled down in a small village on the tail end of a long Cliff that separated a third of the continent. The Village Maizeedge, was a small village known for Maize corn and Ostriches. The village is in the southern area of the continent. In town William played a little as a local bard, playing various forms of music at the pub, Arianna helped with the maize farms.

The Hank family had two kids; the older boy Johny, and the younger girl Alaria. Both children were great additions to the Hank family, Alaria was very smart and Johny was great help around town when he could be. The Hank family were living a happy and peaceful life. William was in his 48th year while his wife, Arianna, was 42. Johny was 10 while his little sister was 8.

During the hottest point of the summer the village was attacked by desert Dilobolds. These spitting Kobolds had brown scaly skin for blending, are half the size, have an expanding crest for intimidation and warmth gathering, sharp teeth for tearing through flesh, and worst of all acidic spit. These semi-intelligent creatures were skittish by themselves but bold in groups. This was a large group. They destroyed the village.

William awoke to his family in shreds, he had burns. His world was in taters; he walked, other survivors tried to stop him from leaving, not noticing a single other person. He walked for days, he would fall unconscious and then get back up and continue. Weeks had gone by until he walked into a door. Finally taking notice he was in front of a small house, in a cold swampy forest. He was hungry for the first time since he started walking. Will knocked on the door. 

A little older lady opened the door, Her home looked very inviting. Smelled like vanilla cooking, everything had a vibrant warm coloring to it. This was someones grandma, Some very welcoming furniture. William stood there looking in feeling an invite in his core, but stood his ground not wanting to be rude. He looked into the little ladys eyes barely able to speak from the dehydration. She smiles a wiley smile and steps to the side ushering him in. She grabbed a blanket for his shoulders, and pulled out a warm brothy soup, instructing him to eat it slowly.

He got one spoon in before he just let the flood gates open. He cried for what felt like hours. The lady introduced herself as Auntie Stonepaddler. They talked for a few hours, well Auntie listened. Finally she presented him with 2 options: Continue the way he was and remember eventually forget his pain, or Take the ominous purple vial to deal with his pain right now for as long as he can keep going. Not understanding the choices William took the vial. 

Will downed the vial without a moments notice. His body strained with his decision. Auntie laughed, watching wills change. His heart stopped, muscles tore, eyes strained, bones itched. Will passed out to Stonepaddler laughing.

William awoke to an otter slapping his head with a rock. He swiped away at the otter making it flee in terror. He looked at his hand noticing that his hand was paler, and he was now hungry. He wasnt a normal hungry, this hunger felt deeper, felt like he needed to feed his body not just his stomach. Accidentally biting his tongue he realised his teeth were sharper. 

William realised he is now a vampire, but he wasn't getting hurt by the sun. Figuring maybe this is a curselike thing from that hag. A Hag! He was tricked, he couldnt believe he was tricked. He started thinking what she could have taken. He couldnt think of anything she took. He started thinking maybe it was payment for eating her food.

William remembered his family and their passing but it wasnt a bad feeling any more, it was just a feeling not bad or good. He finally picked himself up and wiped himself off, his clothes looked ragged. He started walking off to the next town he could find. Walking into town people looked weird at him. Getting himself to a tailors shop. Talking the owners ear off about being tricked by a hag and now needing new clothes.

He decided to start a new in this town. Watato Canal, a village of potato and fish exports set up in a swamp like village with dock sidewalks everywhere. He joined an adventurers group and began to treat all of his new companions as children. He used lots of dad jokes, and would only secretly feed on those living things that would cause harm to his new life.

It would be a long time before william realised that he was asleep for 70yrs. And that he could not express sorrow anymore.